sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I was just looking at the picture and found this...what is this? Looks like a screen to me.

20220405_01_02.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
@sl0519 it seems to be the buttons to adjust brightness and ODO/TRIP:

image.png

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
iu

Really evolved a quality interior into something next level for the RX/RZ. I like!

The dash (passenger side) not only is a natural progression of current LC / LS designs which I absolutely enjoyed, it is now actually executed very much like Lucid's Air with two levels (however as of now, my heart still goes to lucid for its elegance and simplicity). A slight shame the line doesn't flow all the way to the driver's side, but I think I'm quite content for what it is (assuming its priced around RX).

lucid-air-interior-03.jpg20220405_01_02.jpg

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
20220405_01_02.jpg
I can't help but be reminded of what happened to the central infotainment screen in the current generation Camry, pre- and post-facelift.

Toyota-Camry-2018-800-49.jpg
In the 2018 Camry (above), the screen is nicely integrated but mounted low, whereas in the facelifted 2021 Camry (below), the screen is mounted higher, in the driver's line-of-sight but no longer well-integrated.
Toyota-Camry-2021-800-0b.jpg

Are we going to see the same thing happen in the RZ?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
View attachment 5732
I can't help but be reminded of what happened to the central infotainment screen in the current generation Camry, pre- and post-facelift.

View attachment 5730
In the 2018 Camry (above), the screen is nicely integrated but mounted low, whereas in the facelifted 2021 Camry (below), the screen is mounted higher, in the driver's line-of-sight but no longer well-integrated.
View attachment 5731

Are we going to see the same thing happen in the RZ?

I can never forget their butchering of the LS and Camry. Looks like some aftermarket parts being installed.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Seems to me NX was a taste of what was to come for Lexus's future interior design, just in a more conventional package. It's clear to see where most of the development time has gone into as far as fleshing out a vehicle, from layout to material choices. This view of the driver's side already leaves a strong positive impression in me. I'm so excited to read the details about it come mid-April!

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I can never forget their butchering of the LS and Camry. Looks like some aftermarket parts being installed.

to me, everything that you guys call integrated looks old :).

Even new RZ interior screen placement looks old, but yes, it does look luxurious.
And having headsup is nice.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I wonder what sort of sensor array this will have.

What’s the likelihood of the teammate/guardian systems being in the RZ?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I wonder what sort of sensor array this will have.

What’s the likelihood of the teammate/guardian systems being in the RZ?
Is this a question, or are you framing your insider knowledge in the form of a question to allude to what the RZ is packing on the account of the yoke?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Is this a question, or are you framing your insider knowledge in the form of a question to allude to what the RZ is packing on the account of the yoke?

I’m personally curious about this one.

I know recently woven planet start speaking about using cheaper cameras to achieve results comparable to LiDAR and advanced sensors, at scale.

Given the lack of a radiator up front, you’d wonder about how they’re utilizing that shape and space.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I’m personally curious about this one.

I know recently woven planet start speaking about using cheaper cameras to achieve results comparable to LiDAR and advanced sensors, at scale.

Given the lack of a radiator up front, you’d wonder about how they’re utilizing that shape and space.
Interesting so they too are trying to go the Tesla route of computervision? I would have thought they'd be pursuing reducing LIDAR, A-Sense, or FLIR costs.

Seeing the IR bump on the column indicates that this has the HW capability for teammate

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I am sure it will have Teamate in certain markets, for instance new Noah has it:

But while getting better with every version, features are still pretty base.
Teammate will only ever be L3 max. Their L4 is called Chauffeur and Teammate cannot be OTA upgraded to Chauffeur because of hardware limits.