Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
i think everyone should expect everything as standard in LX... does that mean they ofer single spec vehicle?

I dont think so. Let customers decide, it also has nothing to do with pricing, if they added HUD to base, they would increase price of base by that amount.

HUD is table stakes in this class -- period.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
HUD is table stakes in this class -- period.

I very much doubt that but ok.

Knowing what's know about LC customers, hud is last thing on their mind.

In any case, i am sure you would be looking at loaded one, so what does it matter what the base is?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I very much doubt that but ok.

Knowing what's know about LC customers, hud is last thing on their mind.

In any case, i am sure you would be looking at loaded one, so what does it matter what the base is?
Hi, LC customer here who is also on the list considering an LX.

yeah, no HUD is nuts. At some point it’s the principle of the matter.

I’m actually torn because unless you really need what the LX can do… the new NX I’m considering actually might be a better daily driver.

really curious to see the LSS3

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Let's not undersell LX buyers, "overlanders" or those who modify expensive vehicles... most of these people are going to want HUD and probably expect it standard. Not coming on any vehicle above $60k is sort of outrageous nowadays. LX needs it across the board, off-road trims or not. Plus, for some folks who do ride trails and modify, HUD is still just as nice as street driving because it just projects your trip information up on the windshield... no reason to not have it for off road driving.
HUD uses a LOT of chips. If you've been paying attention they recently announced they have to cut Land Cruiser production to supply the tiny amount of LX allocations.

Every manufacturer is cutting features from base trims to survive the chip shortage.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Hi, LC customer here who is also on the list considering an LX.

yeah, no HUD is nuts. At some point it’s the principle of the matter.

I’m actually torn because unless you really need what the LX can do… the new NX I’m considering actually might be a better daily driver.

really curious to see the LSS3
The chip shortage doesn't care about your feelings. If you absolutely need a feature that requires an unavailable chip part you wait or pay to skip the wait. That is the world we are living in.

And I'm sad to say it's not going away until 2023. In case you aren't aware, the chip industry do use very immoral and very illegal business practices and no amount of fines had stopped them before due to the oligopolistic nature. They are not expanding production for the spike in demand only for prices to crash back down once it's resolved. The whole industry saw a huge opportunity and are strangling the entire world to profit from it.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The chip shortage doesn't care about your feelings. If you absolutely need a feature that requires an unavailable chip part you wait or pay to skip the wait. That is the world we are living in.

And I'm sad to say it's not going away until 2023. In case you aren't aware, the chip industry do use very immoral and very illegal business practices and no amount of fines had stopped them before due to the oligopolistic nature. They are not expanding production for the spike in demand only for prices to crash back down once it's resolved. The whole industry saw a huge opportunity and are strangling the entire world to profit from it.
Yes, please tell the guy the guy raising capital about supply chain issues LOL.

The discussion was about being competitive in the space, and customer expectation. Stop crying.

The margins they’d earn on the incremental LX are higher than putting the HUD in the NX and others, yet they still do that. Strange, it’s almost like there’s some business rationale to it.

Last edited:
Reactions
HUD uses a LOT of chips. If you've been paying attention they recently announced they have to cut Land Cruiser production to supply the tiny amount of LX allocations.

Every manufacturer is cutting features from base trims to survive the chip shortage.
I am keeping my reservation for the f-sport for now. My dealer, here in Toronto said that Lexus is only allocating 2 LX's per month to each dealer in Canada, no matter how large they are. This is all due to the production issues. There are about 20 people in front of myself. So my LX probably won't go into production for at least a year. Hopefully by then they will add another f-sport package with HUD!

Reactions
do you guys have an opinion of when inventory will start trickling in to US dealers? out east, the 5 or so dealers ive spoken with all singing same tune: nothing can be configured, we'll get what we get when we get it (possibly starting january ?), and go from there. none know how many of each trim they might get, or timing. just all conjecture over here, thus far.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
do you guys have an opinion of when inventory will start trickling in to US dealers? out east, the 5 or so dealers ive spoken with all singing same tune: nothing can be configured, we'll get what we get when we get it (possibly starting january ?), and go from there. none know how many of each trim they might get, or timing. just all conjecture over here, thus far.

I've heard production will ramp up in January with deliveries expected to start in March. It's probably changed at this point though...

Reactions
I've heard production will ramp up in January with deliveries expected to start in March. It's probably changed at this point though...
How about the press embargo on reporting of their recent initial test drives? At least that should come sooner for us!

Unrelated, was comparing the dimensions to two vehicles I know well of late, the BMW X5 and X7. I believe I did the mm to inches conversions correctly.

Lexus 6” longer than X5, same width, 5” taller
Front headroom 3” less in Lexus vs X5 (?), rear same
Front legroom 1.5” more Lexus, rear 0.75” less (net legroom first and second rows essentially same as X5)
Front shoulder room 1.5” more Lexus, rear 1” more Lexus
Third seat headroom: 1.25” less than X7, legroom 2.25” less than x7 (so
serviceable 3rd row, but not one you'd use daily without some pain)

Last edited:

Motor

Expert
Reactions

I’ve been seeing the new LX on Tik Tok at dealers in The States. I guess for training purposes.

Last edited:
Reactions
My wife wasn’t a big fan of our LX 570 but when she got a chance to check out the 600 she actually loved it. I’m still a bit shocked lol.

I’ve provided Lexus feedback on the option packages. Obviously nothing changes now but I hope it’s something they consider in the near future.

We would get a loaded F SPORT.
Mike, just saw the new video posted to YouTube. Twice now you’ve shown some great angles that no one else has. Thank you !

supra93

Expert
Reactions
【Perspective view】
1703960_000001.jpg

【Front view】
1703960_000002.jpg

【Rear view】
1703960_000003.jpg

【Plan view】
1703960_000004.jpg

[Bottom view]
1703960_000005.jpg

[Right side view]
1703960_000006.jpg

[Left side view]
1703960_000007.jpg

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
TFL has a early first look (press ride I assume is either currently happening or wrapping up). Host mentions $86k usd starting price. If true that is quite impressive. I was expecting at least a 5% bump due to new powertrain. I'll circle back once we get official numbers.