Trob20

Fan
Reactions
This may have already been said, but does anyone think we will get the off road variant of the LX in the US once the hybrid powertrain arrives? Taking a similar strategy as the Tundra TRD Pro. Or I guess the hybrid powertrain could be the F-Sport Performance trim.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Okay tonight I did verify F-Sport will have the air suspension as an option. Base will be coil-over. Most dealers likely will order air I assume.

The F-Sport prototypes thus far I’ve been in and you all have seen have coil-overs.
Any explanation as to No hud?

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
howdy, long time stalker, new member. ty all for your contributions over the years. hope to be able to reciprocate.

crsktn, did you see somewhere that HUD isn't avail F sport? seems to be standard, no?

the F sport package I saw was presented as an offshoot from the Premium package.

Can go premium to F Sport or to Luxury.
That Lx option doc online seems to be missing stuff, including another leather Color for the Executive VIP package.

they clarified no air suspension and no hud. Might be options? Seems strange.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Lexus LX600 pricing, colors released for Canada.

The VIP package is indeed available in Caramel interior after all.

VIP package comes to CDN$ 176K including taxes and all fees.

Last edited:
Reactions
Lexus LX600 pricing, colors released for Canada.

The VIP is indeed available in Caramel interior after all.

Executive package comes to CDN$ 176K including taxes and all fees.
I was only interested in the F-sport model. Not anymore. I don't like the appearance of the regular 'grill' version. Please tell me how a $120k cdn 2022 model vehicle does not have HUD. Lexus is really nickel and diming us here in Canada

Last edited:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I was only interested in the F-sport model. Not anymore. I don't like the appearance of the regular 'grill' version. Please tell me how a $120k cdn 2022 model vehicle does not have HUD. Lexus is really nickel and diming us here in Canada
It's the same thing my dealer said to me when I said I'm looking for a bigger engine and Lexus doesn't have that an a SUV that's why I might go elsewhere and they were like yeah if you want to spend 100k plus you can get a car like that...well an LX is 120k and doesn't have a big engine guys lol

Reactions
It's the same thing my dealer said to me when I said I'm looking for a bigger engine and Lexus doesn't have that an a SUV that's why I might go elsewhere and they were like yeah if you want to spend 100k plus you can get a car like that...well an LX is 120k and doesn't have a big engine guys lol
I actually think the engine is more than adequate in the new LX.

I am currently driving a 2013 RX and it has HUD which is why it's a must have feature for me. I am so used to it I don't want to go back.

So 9 years later I am going to splurge on Lexus's flagship SUV and there's no HUD as standard equipment. The outgoing model has HUD as standard on all models. The new 'upgraded' LX, doesn't? Perplexing.

Will1991

Reactions
It's usual to see equipment list improvements at same MSRP towards the end of each model lifecycle.
And you can’t compare the equipment list from a top of the range RX with a lower spec LX, it’s like saying the RX can’t have a FWD variant because the UX has AWD available… Every model, from every brand, needs to appeal a broader audience to be commercially viable.

Reactions
It's usual to see equipment list improvements at same MSRP towards the end of each model lifecycle.
And you can’t compare the equipment list from a top of the range RX with a lower spec LX, it’s like saying the RX can’t have a FWD variant because the UX has AWD available… Every model, from every brand, needs to appeal a broader audience to be commercially viable.
I understand that. I bought my RX in 2012. Almost 10 years ago. It's not like HUD is some super exclusive feature. You get it with a $50k Kia. A $100k+ flagship Lexus in 2022 should have it in all models. I don't know what potential customers wouldn't want it. My only reasoning is that the lack of parts right now is causing them to make these stupid decisions

Will1991

Reactions
Even the Yaris can have a HUD… This being said, for those who are buying the LX to modify and go off road with it, the HUD isn’t necessary.

Reactions
If they're buying for mods,then I'm pretty sure they're buying the base model.

Damn, the Yaris even has HUD! That stings even more.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Let's not undersell LX buyers, "overlanders" or those who modify expensive vehicles... most of these people are going to want HUD and probably expect it standard. Not coming on any vehicle above $60k is sort of outrageous nowadays. LX needs it across the board, off-road trims or not. Plus, for some folks who do ride trails and modify, HUD is still just as nice as street driving because it just projects your trip information up on the windshield... no reason to not have it for off road driving.

cookieyh

Fan
Reactions
Canadian configurator and pricing are out. When are we going to have in US? Why is US always the last one?

You see announcements, previews, videos and etc. from other countries. It feels like that US is not a very important market for LX.

Reactions
Let's not undersell LX buyers, "overlanders" or those who modify expensive vehicles... most of these people are going to want HUD and probably expect it standard. Not coming on any vehicle above $60k is sort of outrageous nowadays. LX needs it across the board, off-road trims or not. Plus, for some folks who do ride trails and modify, HUD is still just as nice as street driving because it just projects your trip information up on the windshield... no reason to not have it for off road driving.
Agreed. Taking your eye off the road, even for a second could make a huge difference. It should be standard equipment IMO

I do a lot

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

i think everyone should expect everything as standard in LX... does that mean they ofer single spec vehicle?

I dont think so. Let customers decide, it also has nothing to do with pricing, if they added HUD to base, they would increase price of base by that amount.