LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
It's growing on me a bit. F-sport grille is decades better than the base slat grille. Still don't feel the center stack/console is befitting of a range topping $100k+ Lexus.

The size difference between the LX and the MDX when seen side-by-side is eye opening. I know they don't really compete with each other but, wow....

Reactions
Order guide confirms we won't get the offroad trim. That's a shame. There's tons of buyers like me who are looking at the LX since the Land Cruiser isn't available, and we're looking for triple locking diffs and other off road features that the Land Cruiser has. Now our options are between a Defender (lol no) and a G550.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
Order guide confirms we won't get the offroad trim. That's a shame. There's tons of buyers like me who are looking at the LX since the Land Cruiser isn't available, and we're looking for triple locking diffs and other off road features that the Land Cruiser has. Now our options are between a Defender (lol no) and a G550.
I think eventually we will get it. Lexus has definitely noticed the off-road community(and $$$) and plans to implement the features shown in the GX/LX OR concepts they previewed.

As for this LX600, you can aesthetically build the off-road trim with the wheels and smoked out trim available in the order guide, but as you mentioned no front or rear lockers. I was told by a Lexus exec there will be front and rear bumper solutions for the LX offered through the dealers in the future for those concerned about approach angles. Specifically mentioned the bumpers and a snorkel.

Another note, the LX600 launches with LSS 2.5, but will be updated to to 3.0 next year OTA.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
If you care about off-roading and you’re considering some of the euro off-roaders , be patient, Lexus will have something for you.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just think there’s opportunities for these packages. I love caviar but it’s not on the f sport. Neither is Nori Green. F Sport misses most luxury features except the cool box. I hope you can at least get rear entertainment.

Going to immediately ask about this or if special order is possible.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
I just think there’s opportunities for these packages. I love caviar but it’s not on the f sport. Neither is Nori Green. F Sport misses most luxury features except the cool box. I hope you can at least get rear entertainment.

Going to immediately ask about this or if special order is possible.
Same. I'm sold on Nori Green and would love the contrast of an F-Sport model (with red interior😈). The LC Bespoke configurator went live and you still can't pair Nori with red interior. I'd have to imagine Bespoke comes to the LX?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Do serious off-roaders drive stock anything? I've seen YouTube videos of $80K+ Wranglers and Cherokees with aftermarket lifts, superchargers, 35+" tires, custom diffs, and anything else you can imagine. I've also seen GXes, LXes, Land Cruisers, and Tundras with substantial mods. Obviously it'd be nice to have TRD parts under warranty, but that doesn't seem to have stopped people before.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This sort of "can't actually have it all" packaging has always been a Lexus hallmark, but it really does become a deal breaker for some folks when you go into the realm of $90k+. And rightfully so.

I hope Lexus gets this sorted out... it's time.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Do serious off-roaders drive stock anything? I've seen YouTube videos of $80K+ Wranglers and Cherokees with aftermarket lifts, superchargers, 35+" tires, custom diffs, and anything else you can imagine. I've also seen GXes, LXes, Land Cruisers, and Tundras with substantial mods. Obviously it'd be nice to have TRD parts under warranty, but that doesn't seem to have stopped people before.

I think the modded/"overlanding" crowd gets an outsized voice on social media, but having been on the trails many times with my 4Runner(s), you do see a lot of stock Land Cruisers, LXs, GXs, Tacomas and 4Runners... people taking their families out for a camping trip, hikes, etc. For those people, 22" wheels and low hanging bumpers really are a turn off, so I hope Lexus has some options coming for such buyers.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
This sort of "can't actually have it all" packaging has always been a Lexus hallmark, but it really does become a deal breaker for some folks when you go into the realm of $90k+. And rightfully so.

Still holding out for a infrared on circuit red pairing?😂

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Still holding out for a infrared on circuit red pairing?😂

crying-black-guy-meme.gif

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Isn't this a very common complaint from actual customers? As a brand that really values customer feedback they should address this problem.

ChDM is the opposite: to have F-Sport you also have to have it all.

One would think TPS being so flexible with inventory management and real-time production line adjustment, TMC products could be more customizable. And we see this with new Tundra where it almost goes too far that customers get overwhelmed by all the trim and package combinations. But Lexus still offers way less customization than competitors. They still operate under that 'sell whatever is available on the lot' mindset.

Tyronne M

Fan
Reactions
Is it just me or does the ultra lux seem to only come in black leather interior?

Yep, I noticed that as well. So it means all those pictures they were using to showcase the Ultra Luxury trim shows a interior color that users cannot really obtain :(

1637264150953.png

Last edited: