PICs of your RC !

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
What are you driving for winter if you mind?

At the moment, I have a Lexus RX450h that is the family hauler. Awesome SUV. I also have my original car still, which is a 2ZZ-GE modified Corolla XRS (2005), which I purchased new in 2004 when I was starting out my career and then had modified it for 12 - 13 years until I bought the RCF. Now, Corolla XRS is only for short trips and commuting to the office. It runs very well, but it is very old now so I put minimal load on it.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Ok, everything in the Toyota family, fine. Was just curious about snow and awd and all this, because "winter car" depends where one lives.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Ok, everything in the Toyota family, fine. Was just curious about snow and awd and all this, because "winter car" depends where one lives.

Yes exactly. The RX450h does a great job. Also, I drove the Corolla XRS for 15 winters every day with winter tires on and it did OK.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Since your RCF sleeps during the winter months, any special preps method you use to keep things in shape? Tire flat spotting prevention or brake rotor buildup?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Since your RCF sleeps during the winter months, any special preps method you use to keep things in shape? Tire flat spotting prevention or brake rotor buildup?

Hey man,

Yes, I usually overinflate my PS4S tires up to 42 PSI. I also roll the car out of the stall after a few weeks and drive within the garage. I have the Anti-gravity Lithium Ion lightweight battery so it holds charge very well and it has an internal battery management system to ensure the battery does not drain (and a built in jump-start) so it has never run out of charge even when the car sits for several weeks. Still, I disconnected the battery to make sure it does not have an impact on the battery life. Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer is another good thing to have as it removes moisture from the fuel lines etc. Let me know if that answers your question.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Hey man,

Yes, I usually overinflate my PS4S tires up to 42 PSI. I also roll the car out of the stall after a few weeks and drive within the garage. I have the Anti-gravity Lithium Ion lightweight battery so it holds charge very well and it has an internal battery management system to ensure the battery does not drain (and a built in jump-start) so it has never run out of charge even when the car sits for several weeks. Still, I disconnected the battery to make sure it does not have an impact on the battery life. Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer is another good thing to have as it removes moisture from the fuel lines etc. Let me know if that answers your question.
Thanks for the insight!

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Reviving this thread. RCF is back on the streets after 4 months of sleep. Still not properly clean as it needs a full detail for the dust to properly get removed. Over the winter, I added carbon fiber mirrors so the first picture in the sun. Now, planning the next mod, which will be a ECU tune.

DSC_1037.JPG

DSC_1034.JPG

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Nice, I thought the general rule of thumb was never wash at the swirlership?
Thanks. I know exactly what you are saying as I have heard those stories. I have been quite happy with what this dealership has been doing for detailing. I always check in the sun to see if there are any swirl marks or imperfections, but usually the gold flakes really come out in the sun after their detailing. They are pretty good from my experience. I am super cautious with my RCF so definitely I will not let any imperfection slide. Cheers

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Last picture of wash and fill up before storing it for the winter. Already having withdrawals so ordered a couple of new modification parts for spring LOL

p.s. I know there is noticeable gap in the fender/wheels, but I love how dialed in the stock suspension is so not going to mess it up just to get a "slammed" look

DSC_1352.JPG