flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Length is 187.3 inches so it is shorter than the GSF (193.5 inches), but longer than the RCF (185.2 inches). Height is also 2 inches taller.

My 2020 RC F overall length is 185.4". I'm betting it drives better than my RC F judging on how the IS 350 F SPORT Dynamic Handling Package behaves.

i-Jwd7FzP-L.jpg

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
My 2020 RC F overall length is 185.4". I'm betting it drives better than my RC F judging on how the IS 350 F SPORT Dynamic Handling Package behaves.

Depends on what you want from your car. As the reviewers like Alex (and MT) who drove the RCF back to back with a ride in the IS500 said, there is pitch/roll/dive/tire squeal in the IS500 and RCF felt more track-focused. On the streets, the IS500 F-Sport will drive better as it is more compliant. Scott Pruett also said it to Gecko as well that when he drives an F, it takes it to a whole different level. That is why it costs more as per Lexus.

Last edited:

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Depends on what you want from your car. As the reviewers like Alex (and MT) who drove the RCF back to back with a ride in the IS500 said, there is pitch/roll/dive/tire squeal in the IS500 and RCF felt more track-focused. On the streets, the IS500 F-Sport will drive better as it is more compliant. Scott Pruett also said it to Gecko as well that when he drives an F, it takes it to a whole different level. That is why it costs more as per Lexus.

I don't base my car buying decision from magazine writers who have no intention of buying these cars. I've driven these cars on the road and on a race track (except for the IS 500 F SPORT Performance). I like the way the IS 350 F SPORT Dynamic Handling Package drives as well as the LC 500 more so than my RC F.

And to be fair, the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance that Townsend Bell drove people around in was a pre-production prototype. I'm confident the IS 500 F SPORT Performance will outperform the RC F with the right wheel/tire combination and suspension.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I don't base my car buying decision from magazine writers who have no intention of buying these cars. I've driven these cars on the road and on a race track (except for the IS 500 F SPORT Performance). I like the way the IS 350 F SPORT Dynamic Handling Package drives as well as the LC 500 more so than my RC F.

And to be fair, the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance that Townsend Bell drove people around in was a pre-production prototype. I'm confident the IS 500 F SPORT Performance will outperform the RC F with the right wheel/tire combination and suspension.

I don't base mine as well. I am just taking the objective part of it, which is how the cars behave back to back on the track (including from what Scott Pruett said, who is not a magazine editor). A soft/compliant chassis/suspension setup is what Lexus is going for on the IS500. it is what it is. If you like the IS500 more, get rid of the RCF and get an IS500. Whatever makes you happy as it is your money.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
I don't base mine as well. I am just taking the objective part of it, which is how the cars behave back to back on the track (including from what Scott Pruett said, who is not a magazine editor). A soft/compliant chassis/suspension setup is what Lexus is going for on the IS500. Good or bad, it is what it is. If you like the IS500 more, get rid of the RCF and get an IS500.

Have you driven your RC F on a track? I have.

But to get back on topic...I actually plan to get the IS 500 F SPORT Performance once it's available.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Have you driven your RC F on a track? I have.

But to get back on topic...I actually plan to get the IS 500 F SPORT Performance once it's available.

Going back to making it a personal issue? Like this? Yeah love pushing it hard and it is great even on a solo 2 against Miatas and S2000s. That is my personal experience.

AutoX.jpg

Last edited:

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Something i've noticed with the 2021 IS, and the IS 500 F SPORT Performance, stock wheel fitment has gotten better. I'm sure with more aggressive tires and some suspension upgrades, it will be cake to drive in an autocross and very responsive on a race track.

i-CrMZmSQ-L.jpg

nt01

Fan
Reactions
Will Lexus put power folding mirrors on the IS500, like they did on the second model year ES?

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Will Lexus put power folding mirrors on the IS500, like they did on the second model year ES?
I don’t think it will. It wasn’t on the IS 500 F SPORT Performance when I saw it. It really needs it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-07-19-lexus-is-500-brochure-feature.jpg

In advance of pending production and the pricing announcement later this year, the e-brochure for the 2022 IS 500 F SPORT Performance has appeared online. The brochure offers everything you’ve wanted to know so far: color combinations, option packages, specifications and more. While we wait for pricing, this is about as much information as we will get about the new IS 500 prior to the final announcement from Lexus.
21-07-19-lexus-is-500-colors.jpg

2021-07-19-lexus-is-500-interior-colors.jpg

The IS 500 will be offered with three packages:
Memory Package
Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel · Outside mirrors with...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Damn looks great! We must be getting close to actual prices coming out! I wonder if I can reach out to my dealer to get an inside quote as my lease is coming up...IS 500 to replace my GS 350...decisions decisions decisions.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think I’m going to build a set of 20x9.5 and 20x11 for it. There is room. I would add a true bbk and get rid of the stacked exhaust for a true dual setup. One of the new cars I don’t really see a need for a kit. Maybe a front lip,