Toyota Land Cruiser Megathread (300, 250, Prado, etc)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Don't know why this hasn't been noticed by the media. The F33A-FTV uses sequential twin-turbocharging like the 2JZ-GTE. The set-up is a 90-degree hot-V! They should absolutely make a gasoline version of this engine!

I recall some earlier rumors from Best Car said the displacement of TTV8 is 4.4L not 4.0L. So this diesel engine could be based on a chopped off block from the TTV8.

View attachment 4851
so it this engine then also underrated for reliability? with a tune (if possible) it could rival the BMW M50d maybes

Levi

Expert
Reactions
i am really looking forward to the LC300 diesel. it looks like one of the most innovative engines by TMC. it is Toyota's first V6 diesel, first 90° V6, first "hot-V" turbo.

comparison between diesel and gasoline V6 will be interesting from a performance/efficiency perspective.

i wish there was a GS with V6 diesel, these are by default the european travel engine.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
i am really looking forward to the LC300 diesel. it looks like one of the most innovative engines by TMC. it is Toyota's first V6 diesel, first 90° V6, first "hot-V" turbo.

comparison between diesel and gasoline V6 will be interesting from a performance/efficiency perspective.

i wish there was a GS with V6 diesel, these are by default the european travel engine.

i hope so... i think i will be able to try it out here in Croatia. Will they sell LC300 in Germany?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
i hope so... i think i will be able to try it out here in Croatia. Will they sell LC300 in Germany?
well, from what I know it is not coming to Western Europe (UK, France, Italy, Germany, etc.). I do not know if the hybrid will, and unfortunately the Sequoia and Tundra will clearly never happen. for some strange reason, in Europe the Landcruiser Prado is called 'Landcruiser' without 'Prado' after.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
well, from what I know it is not coming to Western Europe (UK, France, Italy, Germany, etc.). I do not know if the hybrid will, and unfortunately the Sequoia and Tundra will clearly never happen. for some strange reason, in Europe the Landcruiser Prado is called 'Landcruiser' without 'Prado' after.

In Europe, naming between the two used to be Land Cruiser 120 and Land Cruiser 100. Then it changed to Land Cruiser and Land Cruiser V8. Prado was always rest of the world thing.

From Toyota Croatia posting it on their facebook page, it will come to certain countries in EU for sure, probably where Prado sells well.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Unfortunately no news yet about Western Europe, Eastern Europe though another different story

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
J300 Pricing

GR SPORT/Gas:¥7.7M、Diesel:¥8M
ZX/Gas:¥7.3M、Diesel:7.6M
VX/¥6.3M
AX/¥5.5M
GX/¥5.1M

Each trim will be ¥300k(USD 2700) more expensive than before. However, the only engine option J200 in JDM is 4.6L V8.

So the 3.5TT J300 will actually be cheaper than the 5.7L J200. The MSRP of J200 LX570 is ¥11.7M, or 45% more expensive than J300 GR-S.

Last edited:

Deusex

Follower
Reactions

Quite a looker!
Wow this car looks a lot better on video than on the pictures. Interior and exterior looks really good. Finally the middle console is not straight vertical but it extends towards the seats.

Just watched a review video. This car looks better than my "13 LX, in and out. Very curious to see how will the LX look.

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
looks good, hopefully it will get latest multimedia in markets that has it. Seems like something from Highlander right now.