Toyota BZ4X

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
D99430-D5-C82-C-40-F0-ADBC-3-CAC22-BFCF1-E.jpg

Is it?

Source: https://creative311.com/?p=116594&page=2
Dang another TMC reveal leaked early...

EDIT: I really like what I see all around, the center console reminds me of the leaked pictures of the next generation Land Cruiser. I am excited by what I see (and hopefully the specs back it up)

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
it looks interesting, but not any new info about powertrain and full year away from production

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Toyota design is just killing it lately... everything they touch is great. The shape and detailing here are beautiful. Front end will take some getting used to with no grill, but I think that's just how it's going to be until we get used to the fact that EVs don't need them.

I absolutely love the interior. The fabric (tweed-ish) material on the dash is a beautiful design cue, and the lines of everything else are very clean and simple. It looks high quality and sophisticated.

I am wondering at what point Toyota will fully cut leather from its product lines in favor of SofTex... would be a good move to go in conjunction with EVs (emissions).

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Greeting! Let's adding some information for New BZ4X's weird steering wheel.
In introduction video, the enginner said turn-by-wire system will first to use in Chinese market. And promoted to other country in future. Maybe this is reason why USA Toyota Pressroom had normal steering wheel interior picture in pages.

QQ图片20210420021018.png

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
It seems Toyota USA posted interior images with a normal style steering wheel (dare I say the interior looks better with a yoke-style steering wheel?). It seems as if Toyota got the car to be production ready first and then displayed it as a concept, hopefully meaning it will be coming very soon!

View attachment 4783
Link: https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-debuts-all-electric-suv-concept/
Interesting... I found this picture on NetCarShow.com.

Toyota-bZ4X_Concept-2021-800-yoke.jpg
It seems that the (North) American version will have the regular steering wheel. But the yoke would be better suited to that high-mounted instrument panel; I am afraid that the top of the round steering wheel may block the instruments.

Another interesting detail -- that transmission gear selector may not be a dial but a joystick. Look at this picture and it seems that Neutral is selected by pushing down, select Reverse by pushing left and select Drive by pushing right on the dial/stick.
Toyota-bZ4X_Concept-2021-800-trans.jpg

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Another interesting detail -- that transmission gear selector may not be a dial but a joystick. Look at this picture and it seems that Neutral is selected by pushing down, select Reverse by pushing left and select Drive by pushing right on the dial/stick.
View attachment 4786
To me it looks like curved arrows. Rotate counter clockwise for Reverse, clockwise for Drive. And push the button on the top for Neutral. Very similar to my RAV4 Prime mode button.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
First time in 20yrs I like how they raised the middle console. Looks much better now. Nav screen looks much better too.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The gear selector looks like the one from the current LS rotated 90 degrees, so you flick it left/right instead of forward/back, with the added wrinkle of pressing it down for N.

Will1991

Reactions
Accoding to Creative311, this car has a similar size to the RAV4 but a similar height to the UX, and this get me thinking...

The NX is growing in size, Lexus is rumored to be launching a Yaris Cross based SUV with similar interior space to the UX... Perhaps the 2UX will grow a bit and turn into BEV only with this eTNGA platform?

20210421_BZ4X1.jpg

2019-lexus-ux-250h-f-white-03-981050.jpg

20210421-BZ4-X3.jpg

2019_lexus_ux_f-sport_03-1440x960.jpg