GNS

Follower
Reactions
Also not a big fan of the wheels. However, that's the easiest fix of all with a new car, so I'm not thinking about it at all.

Yeah i mean, you could always shelve the OEM wheels and get the IS350 BBS wheels (which I think look much better), or get some aftermarket ones from Vossen

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I'm seeing "$55k" being throw around a lot. I'm assuming people are using the price differences between the 3rd gen GS to predict pricing for the IS500.

GS350: $46,900
GS460: $55,370

Differences: $8,470 ($9,849 with inflation)

IS350: $42,900
IS500: $52,749

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
I'm seeing "$55k" being throw around a lot. I'm assuming people are using the price differences between the 3rd gen GS to predict pricing for the IS500.

GS350: $46,900
GS460: $55,370

Differences: $8,470 ($9,849 with inflation)

IS350: $42,900
IS500: $52,749

A fully loaded IS350 is ~56k, I'd expect the 500 to be ~65k, around 5k less than the RCF which it directly competes with regardless of name. RC350 is around ~5k more than IS350. Great price point IMO

supra93

Expert
Reactions
A fully loaded IS350 is ~56k, I'd expect the 500 to be ~65k, around 5k less than the RCF which it directly competes with regardless of name. RC350 is around ~5k more than IS350. Great price point IMO

Yes we all know it gets pricey when you start adding on stuff. I though everyone understood it as "starting price".

If it's going to be $5k less than the $65,975 RC-F that would be around $61k.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying it will be $xx,xxx. I was just trying to find some logic behind this price tag that seems to be thrown out by some.

Last edited:

jelly1928

Fan
Reactions
Yes we all know it gets pricey when you start adding on stuff. I though everyone understood it as "starting price".

If it's going to be $5k less than the $65,975 RC-F that would be around $61k.

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not saying it will be $xx,xxx. I was just trying to find some logic behind this price tag that seems to be thrown out by some.

Totally, I figured the 500 would come fully loaded standard. It's Lexus at the end of the day they make you pay for EVERYTHING 😂😂😂

Reactions
I was flustered at first seeing what the 4th gen IS looked like, then knowing that Lexus is using the same engines of the 3rd gen IS that the front end and rear end was just aesthetics from Ugly to Ugliness. Then I lost interest, I own and sold my 06',07', and 08 IS350s when the ISF was introduced 2008, I got the 2012 ISF which many say looks boring but has the V8 sound and power thanks to aftermarket Intake and PPE headers with aftermarket exhaust system makes my ISF sound mean.
I always compare the 2nd Gen IS to the 3rd and now 4th gen IS and was like my ISF may be boring but it sure isn't ugly, with aftermarket LED headlights and Tail lights my ISF still gets some attention.
What peaked my interest and attention was when rumors and updates were mentioned of Lexus using the 2UR-GSE 5.0L V8 motor as a F-Sport not F-Performance gave me the happy notion with a big smile on my face 🙂.
From the commercial of the IS 500 my thoughts of Ugliness was taken back.
My concern is my ISF came with Fog lights, headlamp washers, Driver and Passenger and steering wheel memory. Which I love and use on my 2012 ISF . And seeing that the GSF, RCF, LC500 Have the HUD. And photos of the Lexus gen 4 IS with the TRD body kit, and suspension upgrades.
I'd like to know if these could be purchased as a option or as a package combination along with other upgrades being offered on the 4th gen IS models.
If anyone has a idea or indebted knowledge on the 4th Gen IS 500 options/packages and MSRP please let me know...

Reactions
is the 8 speed transmission any good? I want to hear the exhaust note, if it sounds like the LC500 or something close, it will be a very fun car to drive

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Totally, I figured the 500 would come fully loaded standard. It's Lexus at the end of the day they make you pay for EVERYTHING 😂😂😂

I figured even if it had a low MSRP that we probably wouldn't see any on the lot for that price. It has been awhile since I went shopping for a Lexus. The last time was for a CT. My roommate at time asked the salesman where are the $32k models as listed on the Lexus website. I believe he replied with "our cheapest CT is $36k, the $32k is for a stripped out model and Lexus really doesn't make any of those, and the ones they do are very limited and often used as test & demo cars".

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Both the M340i and C43 start in the mid-50s and the S4 is even cheaper. These are base models that will easily inflate with options though.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Please forgive me for this stupid question. It's been a while since I brought a new car. Almost 15 years to be exact lol, but my E500 only has 40k on it so I haven't had the need for a new car.

Anyways, people are saying a fully loaded IS350 F Sport is $55k, but does that mean your average IS500 will have all those added on options/added cost already built in?

Like for example, at the time my W211 is pretty basic besides the air suspension. There were V6 models on the lot with AWD, navigation, rear window sunshade, panoramic roof, and so on.

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
is the 8 speed transmission any good? I want to hear the exhaust note, if it sounds like the LC500 or something close, it will be a very fun car to drive

If it is from the RCF then it is a great transmission. It is not the best one like the ZF 8 speed auto, but it is a damn good transmission in sport+/manual mode where it snaps the head back in shifts and shifts very quickly when at full throttle. It also fully locks torque converter in manual/sport+ mode.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
When I was told about this vehicle last year I immediately told Lexus I’m buying one. I think the IS F is cool, and I may get a used one eventually but I really don’t want an older car. Also note, I would mod the car anyway.

Which leads to the wonderful thing of the IS 500. Stock, it will be fantastic. For those that like to mod, we will get a cheaper entry point than a full blown IS F. Also I prefer it as a IS 500. The GS F really should have been a 500 to me. It was just way down on power for a M5 etc.

This is a great way to elevate F SPORT. Since it’s debut people have insulted it for it having more power. Now the same people are upset it has more power!?! Lol.

Look it’s not perfect. It will not be a 0-60 champ. The interior is still based on a 2013. But in a world where everyday we get a cuv or new EV, if fantastic to get a throwback like this.

I’m excited for it and this logically means F has to be elevated. I’ve been hearing good thing!

Reactions
Please forgive me for this stupid question. It's been a while since I brought a new car. Almost 15 years to be exact lol, but my E500 only has 40k on it so I haven't had to need for a new car.

Anyways, people are saying a fully loaded IS350 F Sport is $55k, but does that mean your average IS500 will have all those added on options/added cost already built in?

Like for example, at the time my W211 is pretty basic besides the air suspension. There were V6 models on the lot with AWD, navigation, rear window sunshade, panoramic roof, and so on.

Reactions
I know for 1 fact that the F-Sport is just upgraded suspension, bigger disc brakes, tires, some TRD engine upgrade. LFA style Guage cluster
Since the 2022 IS 500 F-Sport introduction ,it just show some luxury options , memory driver seat, heated and cool seats and the 2UR-GSE V8 N/A motor. LFA style Guage cluster.
If it was introduced as a F-Performance more than likely the 2021 IS-500 will have all the bells and whistles. But you got to base it on what the canceled GSF price was with options. My ISF brandnew was almost at $70k, I am thinking it should be less than the RCF by a few thousands.
If it will be over $65K I'll get me the RCF or C8 instead which comes already complete with the bells and whistles.

Reactions
I know for 1 fact that the F-Sport is just upgraded suspension, bigger disc brakes, tires, some TRD engine upgrade. LFA style Guage cluster
Since the 2022 IS 500 F-Sport introduction ,it just show some luxury options , memory driver seat, heated and cool seats and the 2UR-GSE V8 N/A motor. LFA style Guage cluster.
If it was introduced as a F-Performance more than likely the 2021 IS-500 will have all the bells and whistles. But you got to base it on what the canceled GSF price was with options. My ISF brandnew was almost at $70k, I am thinking it should be less than the RCF by a few thousands.
If it will be over $65K I'll get me the RCF or C8 instead which comes already complete with the bells and whistles.
honestly a few thousand dollars difference is not enough for me to pick the IS500, due to the fact that RC-F looks very sharp itself, especially with the hood scoop and side vents, thats one thing I was looking forward to for an IS-F. I think they need to price is much cheaper than RC-F

Reactions
honestly a few thousand dollars difference is not enough for me to pick the IS500, due to the fact that RC-F looks very sharp itself, especially with the hood scoop and side vents, thats one thing I was looking forward to for an IS-F. I think they need to price is much cheaper than RC-F
Very True, that's the one thing that's making me double think about the IS 500 , although its just a F Sport with a F Performance engine, without the distinctive and iconic fender gills it just throws it off.
I'm wondering what age bracket or market is Lexus trying to get in. I'm middle aged but not yet experiencing the mid life crisis.
I'm also hoping Lexus will Re-Brand it as the 2nd Gen ISF. Oh well it's a almost new platform lets see how well the IS 500 will do against the competition.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Some of the things I have noticed that are not on the IS500 F-Sport

- RCF chassis bracings.
- RCF gauge cluster with the info screen on the left side (also, the GSF had the same gauge cluster)
- RCF seats (GSF had this as well);
- As stated above, it has Enkei wheels rather than the BBS forged aluminum wheels and the brakes are not the Brembos.
- Tire package is smaller. Pirelli P-Zero 235 front and possibly 255 rear. Wheel size might be narrower as well from the 9.5 inch front and 10.5 rear on the RCF (great for sliding and drifting, though). RCF has 255/275 with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Very True, that's the one thing that's making me double think about the IS 500 , although its just a F Sport with a F Performance engine, without the distinctive and iconic fender gills it just throws it off.
I'm wondering what age bracket or market is Lexus trying to get in. I'm middle aged but not yet experiencing the mid life crisis.
I'm also hoping Lexus will Re-Brand it as the 2nd Gen ISF. Oh well it's a almost new platform lets see how well the IS 500 will do against the competition.

They just launched it as the new F SPORT Performance; it is not a F car and will not be rebranded. Again it is not a F car.

Yes there is a bit of confusion I get it. Let’s welcome the car with open arms instead of having many IS F owners seemingly taking personal offense to the car.