Levi

Expert
Reactions
IS 500 geing lighter than RCF and GSF, and more powerful than first gen ISF, this could end being the fastest Lexus car without counting LFA and might come close to RCF TE.

Wonder what transmission it will get. Same as RCF or LC500?

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Nice with a bit more powerful sedan (IS) in this age of SUVs. Perfect timing.👍

Last edited:

GNS

Follower
Reactions
Like Gecko said, I have no upgrade path forward from the IS350 because what I really want is the Lexus equivalent of the Genesis G70 and the Acura TLX Type-S. That is, a turbocharged V6 sport sedan with RWD / AWD and no loss in practicality, tech and comfort.

People love the Lexus reliability and the top notch build quality that is expected of the brand, but when your customers are in danger of being poached by Acura (of all brands) you know that you're in trouble.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
IS 500 geing lighter than RCF and GSF, and more powerful than first gen ISF, this could end being the fastest Lexus car without counting LFA and might come close to RCF TE.

Wonder what transmission it will get. Same as RCF or LC500?

How did you come up with that? The IS350 already weighs just under 3900 lbs. You are saying the IS500 would weigh less than an IS350?

mikeavelli

Reactions
How did you come up with that? The IS350 already weighs just under 3900 lbs. You are saying the IS500 would weigh less than an IS350?

I believe the current IS is around 3700 lbs.

Like Gecko said, I have no upgrade path forward from the IS350 because what I really want is the Lexus equivalent of the Genesis G70 and the Acura TLX Type-S. That is, a turbocharged V6 sport sedan with RWD / AWD and no loss in practicality, tech and comfort.

People love the Lexus reliability and the top notch build quality that is expected of the brand, but when your customers are in danger of being poached by Acura (of all brands) you know that you're in trouble.

Just wait....

No one targets those cars. They are nice entries. We are talking only a few people who left not some mass exodus. The type S is likely DOA.

Reactions
Here is my guess:

Lexus IS500 and optional F-Sport package (standard RWD with optional AWD)
3.5 Liter V6 Twin Turbo
~ 400 HP
10 speed auto
F-Sport trim gets additional tuning.

Agree with almost everything except Lexus already said that from the 2021 IS onwards, F-Sport means higher power engine.

There will no longer be a situation of IS350 F-Sport and IS500 non F-Sport. It will probably mean IS300, IS350 F-sport only, IS500 F-Sport only. There will be no IS350 non F-Sport nor IS500 non F-Sport

Levi

Expert
Reactions
it is IS. the rear windows is 100% clear%.

i just don't see the ttv6 in it. we don't know what happens with the RC, if it gets extended facelift or leaves place to IS and LC for coupe choice.

Reactions
From the latest teaser image, I would prefer the chrome trim to be an option on this model. If I was able to buy, of course.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Last teaser image shows "concept" car. The red looks mat, and the black trim also looks mat instead of gloss. The window is also tinted dark.

mikeavelli

Reactions
This might help