4th Generation Toyota Highlander (and Grand Highlander) Thread

Will1991

Reactions
I think general public loves cars, that is why they spend so much money on them.

Agreed! Even being a bit hard on the eye, a suspension similar to a boat and very slow... I still love my Avensis!

Will1991

Reactions
Highlander is coming to Western Europe!!

Hopefully it means this infotainment will spread out within other Toyota's models!
800_hl-dashboard-hv-20-2.jpg

It will be Hybrid only with towing up to 2TON!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I wonder how it will actually do, for most European countries, it is pretty big vehicle and I would guess it would be significantly more expensive than in the US

but good job TMC

Again spwolf, seeimg what cars they drive drive in Europe (manu huge German CUVs), I doubt size will be an issue. Money will be a greater decisive factor. Also, there are not many if no big CUVs that are not German, so the Highlander will a unique proposition. And there are customers that can afford but are not specially interested in "German Engineering". We'll see how many customers though, but I am positive.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So I think now it's better time for the return of 3.5 hybrid and the introduction of the PHEV

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
I wonder how it will actually do, for most European countries, it is pretty big vehicle and I would guess it would be significantly more expensive than in the US

but good job TMC

I think it will do fine. The outgoing Highlander is in fact sold in Europe already.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Again spwolf, seeimg what cars they drive drive in Europe (manu huge German CUVs), I doubt size will be an issue. Money will be a greater decisive factor. Also, there are not many if no big CUVs that are not German, so the Highlander will a unique proposition. And there are customers that can afford but are not specially interested in "German Engineering". We'll see how many customers though, but I am positive.

It is Tuareg competition basically? In that class, people buy premium, but yeah, depending on price, it will sell good.

Reactions

Is the Highlander so good that a lot of Lexus dealers are having to really cut into their profits to keep buyers from heading to the Toyota showroom?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Man those pesky Toyota dealers are destroying Lexus.

Lexus should sue Toyota for copying features!

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Man those pesky Toyota dealers are destroying Lexus.

Lexus should sue Toyota for copying features!

I`m assuming that that the settlement has been agreed upon, and in return Lexus dealers can now take inventory from Toyota dealerships and replace the visible Toyota and Highlander logos for Lexus and RX logos instead. Problem solved!
Lexus Struggles with “Cadence, Product, and Powertrain” solved with simple rebadge