Savagegeese: ES Hybrid superior over V6

Will1991

Reactions
Thankfully this guy is not a salesman at Lexus Porto... After this review he would easily and quickly get me into a brand new ES300h.

Even the exterior color is perfect!

Reactions
Thankfully this guy is not a salesman at Lexus Porto... After this review he would easily and quickly get me into a brand new ES300h.

Even the exterior color is perfect!
I would love to go to Portugal; is it "cheaper" than some of the other EU countries to travel?

Will1991

Reactions
I would love to go to Portugal; is it "cheaper" than some of the other EU countries to travel?

Yes it is, you can have an amazing trip with much less than France/Italy/UK. Here in Porto, a nice launch or dinner is around 15~20ā‚¬ per person, depending on what you're looking for. I reckon I'm a bit biased but was born in Switzerland and still have some family there so it would be very easy for me to move there with a higher paying job, but our food, weather... It's a whole different championship.

If you ever decide to visit Portugal, send me a PM so that I can give some ideas and must see places. If Porto is on your list, coffee is on me!

mikeavelli

Reactions
If Lexus offered a ES 300h F-Sport we surely would have gotten it. Wife has only had F-Sports.... thus the old V-6 again....

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That 300h powertrain is so good... there really isn't much to complain about. I still have a heavier foot and it's not quite enough for me, but with another 30-40hp, I think we'd be in the zone.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
That 300h powertrain is so good... there really isn't much to complain about. I still have a heavier foot and it's not quite enough for me, but with another 30-40hp, I think we'd be in the zone.

try highlander... it has around 20hp extra from electric motors, see if you see the diff. It is so hard to get any good input on this since US media does not care to compare it to Rav4, but they all said how it goes well which is what they wouldnt say if it was just same as Rav4.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
try highlander... it has around 20hp extra from electric motors, see if you see the diff. It is so hard to get any good input on this since US media does not care to compare it to Rav4, but they all said how it goes well which is what they wouldnt say if it was just same as Rav4.

Highlander is 1k lbs heavier than ES, but I would still like to try one!

Will1991

Reactions

From what I read a ES Prime would be a perfect fit then.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Highlander is 1k lbs heavier than ES, but I would still like to try one!

well that is what is interesting - a lot of reviewers mentioned how Highlander Hybrid is quick enough or similar enough to V6 not to matter anymore. But I see no YT videos testing 0-60 or any other benchmarks, since it is a Highlander.

I can guarantee you that if they simply put 300h into 1000lbs heavier vehicle, people would scream it is super slow, not that it is similar to V6.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Agreed!!! I'm dying for that powertrain in the ES.

you will probably get it sooner than later... Question is always the price.

US will be decently priced for Rav4 Prime... but I doubt most EU countries will.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
you will probably get it sooner than later... Question is always the price.

US will be decently priced for Rav4 Prime... but I doubt most EU countries will.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like the ES enjoys some extra runway with the demise of the GS and because it starts so much cheaper than the 5er, E Class, etc. If "ES 450h+", as we can surmise based on the NX patents, comes with a 302hp plugin powertrain and AWD, I feel like approaching $60k for such a vehicle is not unfair. And would likely put a serious hurting on plugin versions of the competition šŸ˜¬

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like the ES enjoys some extra runway with the demise of the GS and because it starts so much cheaper than the 5er, E Class, etc. If "ES 450h+", as we can surmise based on the NX patents, comes with a 302hp plugin powertrain and AWD, I feel like approaching $60k for such a vehicle is not unfair. And would likely put a serious hurting on plugin versions of the competition šŸ˜¬

yeah, not so sure about that... i wonder about Prime versions of sedans, as they lost some of the space in the boot for Rav4... where would they really put the batter in ES? It has no space to lose, it is not high riding CUV.

So I wonder what will their strategy be with Prime versions... but you never know, it is certainly "easy" for them to do what they did with Rav4, as long as they can package it.