Here it is!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
It's a beige base hybrid with BMS option. Got it for MSRP (¥373,000) and delivered in 10 days. Not easy to get an ES for this little and this quickly nowadays. My local Lexus dealer is the top performing in the nation so it gets priority delivery.
There are a few features I miss but I couldn't wait another 8 months and pay ¥50k extra for the exact ES300h Executive trim I want. The ES is so popular here that two dozens are here at the vehicle administration center for registration.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
平价提的?10天拿到现车有点快啊…
国内就支持Carlife,没有CarPlay,sadness…

larryren

Follower
Reactions
恭喜!Congratulations! Ten days deliveryed quite amazing. It can't imaging this deliver speed in Guangzhou LOL. (Last month in GZ Autoshow the sales claim ES300h at least 2-3 months to delivery, ES200 much faster but also need 1 month)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
平价提的?10天拿到现车有点快啊…
国内就支持Carlife,没有CarPlay,sadness…
大连雷克萨斯历年全国销量第一,供货有优先权,而且离日本近是个优势。年底冲业绩,这边也是给了我这个老客户一些优惠平价卖给我,还加装了个盲点检测和原厂记录仪。

Will1991

Reactions
I already got the opportunity to seat in a ES, is super comfortable and amazingly build.

Digging your exterior/interior color choices!

Congratulations!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Before getting this car, I was concerned the downgrade from a six cylinder to a four cylinder hybrid would be noticeable - it's the other way around. Yes it doesn't have the high end power band of the 2GR-FE but the smoothness, quietness, and response is on a completely different level (though I don't know how the 2GR-FKS/8AT combo behaves). Combined with a very solid chassis, this is the best car I've driven ever, and I say this as someone who has driven the entire lineup of JLR, Volvo, BMW and Audi. Sure Mercedes and more expensive brands may have better ride quality and comfort, but this car has no competition at ¥370k. It punches well above its class. The overall comfort level is close to a 7-series or A8 LWB. Even without rear acoustic windows on the base trim the car is already dead silent.

The A25A engine deserves a thousand awards. I've spent a week on a Camry before, and the FKS version is already the smoothest and quietest four-cylinder I've ever driven (don't know why it behaves completely differently on the RAV4 though). It has a lot of low end torque, maybe close to the very long stroke 2.7L used by their trucks and SUVs. And the 40% efficiency is readily noticeable, even without hybridization it averaged 5.6L/100km in combined urban/highway driving. Hybridization takes it to a new level. The fuel economy is phenomenal. I got 3.8L/100km average so far. I feel TNGA reduced a lot of aerodynamic and mechanical drag - the car just glides forever in neutral (same on the Camry). The ability to use 92RON fuel is an extra bonus. It cuts my monthly fuel bill by two thirds. And it surely is a more trouble-free experience than full EV.

The main complaint I have with this car is the very low chassis. It's 2.5 cm lower than my previous ES, so it couldn't enter my garage which has a dip to drain out rainwater. My daily commute also passes through several very tall speed bumps which makes me very nervous with this car. I know a lot of the ride quality and handling improvements come from the very low CoG, but the loss in practicality is a bit much.

I don't understand how american journalists keep bringing up the remote touch problem. This touchpad is very easy to use if you bother learning it. My wife is very poor with technology yet she got used to it in just twenty minutes. Of course I wish it had a dual touch screen layout used by many competitors, but the touchpad is far from being a deal breaker IMO.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
3.8L/100km is an amazing figure for this type of car (size/weight), even in my sisters 2010 Auris Hybrid I need to be very very gentle to get this king of fuel consumption!

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Before getting this car, I was concerned the downgrade from a six cylinder to a four cylinder hybrid would be noticeable - it's the other way around. Yes it doesn't have the high end power band of the 2GR-FE but the smoothness, quietness, and response is on a completely different level (though I don't know how the 2GR-FKS/8AT combo behaves). Combined with a very solid chassis, this is the best car I've driven ever, and I say this as someone who has driven the entire lineup of JLR, Volvo, BMW and Audi. Sure Mercedes and more expensive brands may have better ride quality and comfort, but this car has no competition at ¥370k. It punches well above its class. The overall comfort level is close to a 7-series or A8 LWB. Even without rear acoustic windows on the base trim the car is already dead silent.

I drive the older-generation (2015) ES Hybrid and the first time I drove a ES 350 loaner, I was not impressed. To me, it was missing the "smoothness, quietness, and response" of my ES 300h. And I do not miss the high-end power of the V6, as I drive mainly in urban traffic and I find that the torque and power of my Hybrid is enough, even when accelerating to join freeway traffic.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
3.8L/100km is an amazing figure for this type of car (size/weight), even in my sisters 2010 Auris Hybrid I need to be very very gentle to get this king of fuel consumption!

To drive a hybrid efficiently you need to accelerate fast and glide as much as you can. Driving gently is not the optimal way.

Will1991

Reactions
Has the workshop figure it out? Do they know what happened?
Hope it’s a quick fix!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They don't have an answer at this moment. But the symptoms sound exactly like the fuel pump issue that caused the mass recall in North America last month. Lexus has not announced a similar recall in China probably due to business interruptions caused by the Coronavirus.

Speaking of bad luck, my previous XV40 ES350 had the sticky throttle, prematurely degraded engine mount, and a faulty torque converter. Anything that could go wrong with a Lexus went wrong on the same car for me :(

Last edited:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Hopefully Lexus will warranty any defects/issues with your ES. Please keep us updated.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Sorry to hear, it is such a disagreable feeling of getting stranded, must be worse with a new Lexus. I hope it will get resolved fast and without inconveniences and additional costs.