krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-12-05-lexus-auto-show.jpg

Lexus USA is shifting its auto show strategy away from expensive auto show vehicle reveals and will instead focus on consumers — from Automotive News:

“We are making adjustments,” said Bob Carter, head of sales for Toyota Motor North America. “Auto shows are still a critical part of the business, and they’re critical from a consumer perspective. Most buyers — 35 percent of the people who are going to buy a car in the next 12 months — stop by an auto show. It’s a very important place to communicate.”
“What you will see us do is align our investments to those shows relative to the size of the markets,” Carter said. “We’ll adjust the investment on media days, but to the consumer, it’s still the place to be.”

Lexus will continue to have a presence at auto shows, but will devote more resources to...

Continue reading...

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Id love to know how many are Toyota and how many are Lexus. All do respect to Toyota and I’ve owned two and loved them but Lexus needs to be different than them in a much better way and show why people but Lexus.

Reactions
If anyone from Lexus is actually reading these posts and Lexus really pays attention what buyers think.... make a really nice LONGER SUV to replace LX!

I owned 6 Lexus vehicles in the last 15 years and currently drive LS.
But as a family vehicle we had no much choice than to buy Buick Enclave.
We have 4 kids, ages 7 to 13 and that was the only decent vehicle that could fit all of us, especially for vacations.

RX 3 rows is a joke.
LX 3 rows has virtually no space for luggage or anything.
Make it 10-20” longer!
Shorter front end, and more space for people and luggage.
Make it like Buick Enclave size... just in a high end Lexus package.

And don’t forget to continue including CD player and add full resolution files compatible like WAV files, DSD...
Not just cheap mp3.

OK, I’ve made my Christmas wishes known ;)
And I’m willing to pay for it... just make it finally!
If Buick can do it, you can do it too.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
If anyone from Lexus is actually reading these posts and Lexus really pays attention what buyers think.... make a really nice LONGER SUV to replace LX!

We have 4 kids, ages 7 to 13 and that was the only decent vehicle that could fit all of us, especially for vacations.

RX 3 rows is a joke.
LX 3 rows has virtually no space for luggage or anything.
Make it 10-20” longer!
Shorter front end, and more space for people and luggage.
Make it like Buick Enclave size... just in a high end Lexus package.

And don’t forget to continue including CD player and add full resolution files compatible like WAV files, DSD...
Not just cheap mp3.

OK, I’ve made my Christmas wishes known ;)
And I’m willing to pay for it... just make it finally!
If Buick can do it, you can do it too.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Interesting comment needing more space and interior room - I guess it is quite difficult to please all markets with a niche brand which by its very nature has a comparatively speaking a narrower range of product available. Good luck with the Buick.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Out of that 31 vehicles they plan to launch in the next three years hopefully we will have a new GS, A RC convertible, LQ and more F models.
I am a GS enthusiast but I can tell you that a next GS in the next decade or so will be just a dream unless Lexus chose the first production 4 wheels motor EV sedan to wear the GS badge

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Out of that 31 vehicles they plan to launch in the next three years hopefully we will have a new GS, A RC convertible, LQ and more F models.
Interesting comment needing more space and interior room - I guess it is quite difficult to please all markets with a niche brand which by its very nature has a comparatively speaking a narrower range of product available. Good luck with the Buick.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Do not agree with more F models imo Lexus should stop chasing the Germans - Lexus is a luxurious and powerful brand and not a sports car. They should stay true to their original concept. They will never be BMW and I for one do not want them to be, they have a different place in the market and should cherish and nurture that place more than ever as the Germans go all hardcore.

JFB

Reactions

Why not buy a three-row Volvo XC90? Better-looking and classier nameplate than anything GM.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Do not agree with more F models imo Lexus should stop chasing the Germans - Lexus is a luxurious and powerful brand and not a sports car. They should stay true to their original concept. They will never be BMW and I for one do not want them to be, they have a different place in the market and should cherish and nurture that place more than ever as the Germans go all hardcore.

Honestly, Lexus been made to only be a hardcore sport luxury FR maker, and that's why they cancelled the Cressida and the Supra, but they lost this concept in the final decade, the original LS was the best Handling in it's class back then, the original GS was build by Italian designers to be athletic even in design

Reactions

They've already surpassed BMW in terms of handling. Other than a few cars like the 2-Series/X3/3-Series/Z4/X5, they've lost the plot. Literally those 5 cars are the ones to watch, other than that their lineup is extremely disappointing. Lexus is an order of magnitude better in terms of handling. They just need more power, torque and overall strength throughout the entire rev range.

Last edited:
Reactions
Why not buy a three-row Volvo XC90? Better-looking and classier nameplate than anything GM.
I drove every single 3 row SUV, including Volvo.
Try to fit 4 kids back there and you’ll see it’s uncomfortable.
It seems all engineers of these 3 row vehicles were brain dead, or never tried to sit 4 people back there. Lexus RX 3 row was the worst of all of them.

Lexus LX 570 was a pleasant ride, but virtually zero space in the trunk with the third row up.
now try Buick Enclave, and 4 people even adults can sit comfortably there. I’m dreaming about Lexus... Buick Enclave size. Why not?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I drove every single 3 row SUV, including Volvo.
Try to fit 4 kids back there and you’ll see it’s uncomfortable.
It seems all engineers of these 3 row vehicles were brain dead, or never tried to sit 4 people back there. Lexus RX 3 row was the worst of all of them.

Lexus LX 570 was a pleasant ride, but virtually zero space in the trunk with the third row up.
now try Buick Enclave, and 4 people even adults can sit comfortably there. I’m dreaming about Lexus... Buick Enclave size. Why not?

What about MB?

Aside from LM, I dont think Lexus will really focus on space.

Reactions
I don’t know why it would be difficult? GX and LX wheelbase difference as of now is less than 3”.
Why do they make 2 large vehicles so close in specs?
And if any manufacturer is bothering to make 3 row vehicle, designed to transport 7-8 people, why not design it properly?
Meaning, 7-8 people can sit at least SOMEWHAT COMFORTABLY, and that they can put at least some luggage behind. The current LX jays virtually zero space in the trunk. What’s the point then of already humongous vehicle?
It’s totally logical on every level to make front end shorter, increase interior space and seating comfort and make it longer at least 10” to add some trunk space. It’s totally doable and with the new technologies new LX can be lighter and more fuel efficient and accommodate that space.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I don’t know why it would be difficult? GX and LX wheelbase difference as of now is less than 3”.
Why do they make 2 large vehicles so close in specs?
And if any manufacturer is bothering to make 3 row vehicle, designed to transport 7-8 people, why not design it properly?
Meaning, 7-8 people can sit at least SOMEWHAT COMFORTABLY, and that they can put at least some luggage behind. The current LX jays virtually zero space in the trunk. What’s the point then of already humongous vehicle?
It’s totally logical on every level to make front end shorter, increase interior space and seating comfort and make it longer at least 10” to add some trunk space. It’s totally doable and with the new technologies new LX can be lighter and more fuel efficient and accommodate that space.

It seems that what you really need is a North American-sized minivan. The Buick Enclave is really a minivan dressed up to look like a SUV.

It would be difficult, if not impossible, to make the GX or LX, which are true, RWD-based, body-on-frame utility vehicles, match the space efficiency of the transverse-engine FWD-based, car-derived crossover utility vehicle (that ladder frame takes up a lot of volume that could be put to use as passenger and/or cargo space).

No vehicle on the road can match the space efficiency of the flat-floored minivan, especially the North American minivans, with their rear luggage wells that increase luggage space. But with minivans falling out of fashion a decade ago, GM and Ford decided to dump their slow-selling minivan models. But buyers still needed a minivan but did not want the minivan styling so they came out with huge crossovers like the Buick Enclave and Ford Flex.

These large crossovers are North America-only vehicles; no European automaker offers anything comparable and no Asian automaker offers anything comparable either. And it is likely to stay that way because there is no demand in the European or Asian home markets for a crossover SUV of such a large size; buyers in those markets who want the space are willing to purchase minivans.

Reactions
I have currently Buick Enclave, for family needs, but don’t like it. I personally drive LS.
Thank you for your explanation, but I still believe Lexus can do something more.
If LX can’t be elongated any more, what about RX? That is not body on frame design.
Or bring Chinese only Lexus minivan to American market as well.