suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Reading around, seems like theres Lexus Cash Already available till Nov 4th of $1500 for the 2020s in certain regions.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
I think the hottest trim combo thus far:

Exterior Black
Interior Red
Premium or above trim.
Exhaust Tip

Thing looks really mean and has road presence.

Sport package for some reason adds those red tails which kind of take away the aggressive stance for imho.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Not to necro bump a thread, but damn, I was hoping that Lexus GX wouldnt be the only old architecture sporting no carplay. Entirety of Infiniti came to mind....and there goes another one.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Not to necro bump a thread, but damn, I was hoping that Lexus GX wouldnt be the only old architecture sporting no carplay. Entirety of Infiniti came to mind....and there goes another one.

Ah, I knew the 2020 QX80 would get AA/AC come launch later this month, echoing Patrol. Armada will get it in USA for 2021 MY.

I "think" a new GX is for MY 2023, if the full sizers can be redesigned alongside Tundra in 2021 and early 2022, followed by mid-size GA-F utilities in late 2022. Then basic products in 2023.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Ah, I knew the 2020 QX80 would get AA/AC come launch later this month, echoing Patrol. Armada will get it in USA for 2021 MY.

I "think" a new GX is for MY 2023, if the full sizers can be redesigned alongside Tundra in 2021 and early 2022, followed by mid-size GA-F utilities in late 2022. Then basic products in 2023.

I`m suprised that you mentioned the MY21 with an infotainment upgrade. Royal Screwage to those customers dishing out for MY20

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I`m suprised that you mentioned the MY21 with an infotainment upgrade. Royal Screwage to those customers dishing out for MY20
That's not confirmed. I'm just guessing, on the fact it would be dumb to make such a change the possible last MY of 2022. The 2020 4Runner having this is what I went off of. It's not guaranteed, because someone said the hardware is outdated like in the IS, GS and LX.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
That's not confirmed. I'm just guessing, on the fact it would be dumb to make such a change the possible last MY of 2022. The 2020 4Runner having this is what I went off of. It's not guaranteed, because someone said the hardware is outdated like in the IS, GS and LX.

Cycle wise for sure. The GX would have to get a new headunit, as the MY20s have the same unit as the MY14+. Thats unfortunate that they didnt dump a new HU in it while they were doing the refresh.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Cycle wise for sure. The GX would have to get a new headunit, as the MY20s have the same unit as the MY14+. Thats unfortunate that they didnt dump a new HU in it while they were doing the refresh.
Exactly it seems very stupid that they didn't. Since this year has already arrived the only year left is 2021. Even though I don't have a full authority on this, I'm getting the inkling that the Prado will be redesigned in 3 years, because the next TLC is indeed a 2022 model and will be sold stateside, but no longer as a high end Range Rover type vehicle.

LX 600 getting divorced from TLC, suggests a basis off modular TNGA-F, with IFS and IRS. Or longitudinal RWD unibody GA-L, large CUV.

For GX, the weak amount of changes in a competitive market says 3 years to go. If 4 years away, they would have needed to leak an all new model very early (12-18 months before release), like the 2006 GS (revealed Jan 04, released April 2005).

It's MY 2023 or no new GX at all. The only clashing, is managing changeover to Sequoia along the 3 global midsizers the same year. The period October 2021 to December 2022, might force 11 SUV/truck/crossover redesigns/nameplates, which seems excessive to manage.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Review: The Lexus GXOR Concept Is Everything the GX Should Be
Lexus reps report that they were completely blindsided by the massive interest the GXOR concept has been generating—and from driving it for a week, we have to agree. Enthusiasts who recognized the truck waved for us to stop, and people who merely saw a lifted Lexus seemed to universally celebrate the juxtaposition of it all. With overlanding increasing in popularity, there's a chance Lexus dips more than this mightily capable toe in the water in the future. Here's hoping.