Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
19-07-21-lexus-gx-photo-gallery-2020.jpg

The recently announced 2020 Lexus GX 460 has received a minor update with a new grille, optional Roija Red leather, and Lexus Safety System+ as standard — here’s our first good look at the changes with real photos.

Exterior

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-1-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-2-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-5-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-6-400x200.jpg

19-07-21-gallery-lexus-gx-location-7-400x200.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
That grill could have used some further texturizing and refinement... it looks like a huge sheet across the front. Looks nice otherwise.

Red leather interior is killer!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-06-18-lexus-gx-2020.jpg

Lexus has released details on the refreshed 2020 GX 460, which has been updated with a new grille and Lexus Safety System+ as standard.
Here’s the full press release, with photos of the updated SUV.

For drivers of the updated 2020 GX 460, being safe and looking stylish on either Rodeo Drive or Imogene Pass is a cinch. And thanks to an all-new available Off-Road Package featuring Multi-Terrain Select, tackling tough terrain is equally as easy. Adding extra peace of mind is GX’s now standard Lexus Safety System+, completing Lexus’ milestone of equipping all models with standard active safety equipment.
19-06-18-lexus-gx-rear-2020.jpg

Versatility best describes the luxurious three-row GX. It’s not only engineered for all kinds of terrain, including extreme off-road conditions, it also displays exceptional craftsmanship throughout and seating for up to...

Continue reading...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I want to see a side profile to try to determine how much the front overhang changed, if at all. I also would like to see a side shot of the front end to get a better feel for the grill design/flow when it's not dead-on from the front.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
At least, Lexus should have updated the NAV system the way they did with LX. Really not impressed, basically same look with little different front.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
As far as I can tell this refresh *does* include the 10th-generation nav; they specifically mentioned the 3D mapping that's a feature of it.

Beyond that, we knew going in that this was a minor refresh ahead of an all-new model in 2-3 years.

Reactions
As far as I can tell this refresh *does* include the 10th-generation nav; they specifically mentioned the 3D mapping that's a feature of it.

Beyond that, we knew going in that this was a minor refresh ahead of an all-new model in 2-3 years.

Taking a look at the pictures, that is unfortunately not the 10th generation nav system, that is astoundingly the same old 8th gen nav that's been on the GX since 2014 (Which featured 3D/birds eye orientation as well). Gen 10 is easily spotted by its blue map color scheme and would have features such as CarPlay, this one unfortunately doesn't seem to have that - ouch!

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
... Does this GX not have CarPlay and Android Auto...?

This is what I want to know... they couldn't really do it for the 2020 RX and then leave the GX/others out high and dry, could they?

The mid-cycle SUV refreshes are looking great, though. Just compared this to the outgoing model and it's a really nice set of subtle improvements.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
This is what I want to know... they couldn't really do it for the 2020 RX and then leave the GX/others out high and dry, could they?

Yeah, no mention of either CP or AA in the press release. Either someone on the Lexus PR team made a massive oversight, or this refresh was even more pointless than we thought.

Reactions
This is disappointing but if I had to speculate, Lexus probably chose to keep the 8th gen system solely because of screen size. Every 10th gen system with built-in navigation has a much wider display. So Lexus had 3 options... 1. Keep the existing 8th gen system. 2. Redesign the dash to incorporate a larger, wider display. 3. Develop all new hardware/software for a one-off 10th gen system that fits. The last 2 blowing the budget on a vehicle with 2 maybe 3 years of life left.

What seems more likely is Lexus developing an available CarPlay update (for dealers to sell) on all 8th-9th gen systems down the road.

Last edited:

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
So they refreshed nothing other than front lights (excluding turn signal ugh), front grille, and some parts of center console, gauge for city driving? Same ancient infotainment system??? Who would buy this? Software honestly should be the easiest part to upgrade. Honestly, what is Lexus infotainment department doing? Nothing?

mikeavelli

Reactions
A big thing with dealers was a captains row option which it gets and a red leather option it seems. That said its pretty shocking this is now ten years old and on a third refresh. The thing is sales numbers do not lie and this thing has turned itself into a bread and butter SUV.

I assume Lexus is like "we would love to do something else but holy cash cow batman". Now how much longer does thing stay around until a new model?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I wonder if the Sport Design and Off-Road Packages can be combined on the Luxury trim level?

To me, the biggest surprise was the lack of a 2-row option to match LX.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A big thing with dealers was a captains row option which it gets and a red leather option it seems. That said its pretty shocking this is now ten years old and on a third refresh. The thing is sales numbers do not lie and this thing has turned itself into a bread and butter SUV.

I assume Lexus is like "we would love to do something else but holy cash cow batman". Now how much longer does thing stay around until a new model?

GX has had 2nd row captains chairs as an option since I think 2017? But yes, red leather is killer!