Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Hybrid is good. I do not now if americans care about environment but europeans and Japanese care. UX250H in Japan covers 80% of UX sales. Japanese value Hybrid since almost half of all cars sold are hybrids. In Europe Lexus and Toyota mean environmetaly friendly cars. Toyota Hybrid is very good alternative for EVs

Europeans mostly care because it means reasonable consumption and not worrying about entering cities in the future with diesels... For most, it is not about environment.

Lexus EU sells 98% hybrids but again it is because nobody buys petrols anymore and they dont have diesels. It will never be like that in the US where hybrid is more expensive option.

mikeavelli

Reactions
453 sold in the USA in December..... cars are still arriving..

I just looked at the Infiniti QX30 which would be a direct competitor and sales plummeted 42% in 2018. Barely over 8,000 cars. That is awful.

These low gas prices don't help these small vehicles at all.

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I just looked at the Infiniti QX30 which would be a direct competitor and sales plummeted 42% in 2018. Barely over 8,000 cars. That is awful.

Just imagine if Lexus can't hit their modest 20k UX sales goal in the US. :cold_sweat:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
453 sold in the USA in December..... cars are still arriving..

These low gas prices don't help these small vehicles at all.

QX30 is not selling well anywhere... Infiniti might completely exit Europe this year.

Sadman

Fan
Reactions
Every comparable crossover has insane prices, and when I mean insane I mean offensive.

51.000€ for a FWD Luxury trim not even full optional (53.000€ with the Mark Levinson and 55.000 if ML+AWD) is insane, it costs more than a full optional IS 300h which is a bigger segment, has RWD, a bigger engine, a better sound insulation and of course better materials and fit & finish.

When I had my first IS it was an F-Sport model with optional premium navigation, the price was 48.000€ discounted at 40.000€.

Today you can find F sport and Luxury IS brand new for 40-43.000€ and if you want an NX, always high trims (F-Sport or Luxury) you are looking at 50.000€ or a little more.

This UX was discounted from 51 to 47.000€, considering that it’s the launch of the new model 4000€ of discount it’s a good deal and of course it will going to be even bigger after the first year (for IS and NX they discount more or less 12-14% of the retail price) even though this doesn’t change the fact that the car is still overpriced.

On the other hand...as I said, try to spec a comparable Volvo XC40, Audi Q3, BMW X1 and so on. The UX in the end is cheaper!

(and it’s the only car without door panels because lol 50.000€ do you even want these details?)

EDIT: I’m talking about the 250h model only since we only get this one

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Lexus UX has interesting trim levels in Russia

UX200:
#live
#enjoy
#discover
#Fsport
UX250H
#enjoy
#feel
#Fsport

https://www.lexus.ru/car-models/ux/prices-and-specs/
Oh, gawd, no!!! :mad: I thought it was bad enough when Volkswagen USA had a #PinkBeetle edition a couple of years ago. But a whole lineup of hashtagged Lexus UX trim levels?! That's pathetic.

Then again, it's a good example of the broad leeway Lexus has always given individual markets when it comes to determining equipment and trim levels and the like.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Every comparable crossover has insane prices, and when I mean insane I mean offensive.

51.000€ for a FWD Luxury trim not even full optional (53.000€ with the Mark Levinson and 55.000 if ML+AWD) is insane, it costs more than a full optional IS 300h which is a bigger segment, has RWD, a bigger engine, a better sound insulation and of course better materials and fit & finish.

When I had my first IS it was an F-Sport model with optional premium navigation, the price was 48.000€ discounted at 40.000€.

Today you can find F sport and Luxury IS brand new for 40-43.000€ and if you want an NX, always high trims (F-Sport or Luxury) you are looking at 50.000€ or a little more.

This UX was discounted from 51 to 47.000€, considering that it’s the launch of the new model 4000€ of discount it’s a good deal and of course it will going to be even bigger after the first year (for IS and NX they discount more or less 12-14% of the retail price) even though this doesn’t change the fact that the car is still overpriced.

On the other hand...as I said, try to spec a comparable Volvo XC40, Audi Q3, BMW X1 and so on. The UX in the end is cheaper!

(and it’s the only car without door panels because lol 50.000€ do you even want these details?)

EDIT: I’m talking about the 250h model only since we only get this one

Where you from? In Finland prices are as follow:
CT 28k
IS 42k
ES 49k
LS 143k
UX (not annouced yet I think almost 40k)
NX 48k
RX 80k
RXL 89k
RC 51k
RCF 147k
LC 129k

1 eur is 1.15 usd

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Oh, gawd, no!!! :mad: I thought it was bad enough when Volkswagen USA had a #PinkBeetle edition a couple of years ago. But a whole lineup of hashtagged Lexus UX trim levels?! That's pathetic.

Then again, it's a good example of the broad leeway Lexus has always given individual markets when it comes to determining equipment and trim levels and the like.

I think for russians english is foreign language and trendy. They don't see it in the same way as english speaker. Clearly because naming UX is marketed to city People in Moscow, St Petersburg, Yekaterinburg etc.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Where you from? In Finland prices are as follow:
CT 28k
IS 42k
ES 49k
LS 143k
UX (not annouced yet I think almost 40k)
NX 48k
RX 80k
RXL 89k
RC 51k
RCF 147k
LC 129k

1 eur is 1.15 usd

indeed it matters where you live... for instance in Russia, prices are 30% less.

Here in Eastern Europe, I expect well equipped UX250h will be $70k.
UX might be €40k for very base version but we also dont get any discounts or special leases, so we would have to lease it for $700 per month, while in Germany that would be $300.

So it is not about having money to buy UX, it is how to best spend my $50k.

Will1991

Reactions
This car is so much more expensive than Lexus CT... After we're aware of this kind of pricing I'm struggling to see it as a CT replacement as some reports/rumors stated...

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
This car is so much more expensive than Lexus CT... After we're aware of this kind of pricing I'm struggling to see it as a CT replacement as some reports/rumors stated...

CT is not going anywhere. C segment hatchback is popular model in Japan and Europe. Lexus won't let this open for german 3 and Mazda 3. There might be even second gen HS as CT sedan. I personally like hatchbacks and hope they will not dissappear from Lexus lineup.