I hope that this RX rumor is false....

Reactions
that the RX350 will be discontinued in favor of the RX350L for 2018. I realize that the RX350L is coming, but if Lexus discontinues the 2 row RX with only the NX left, then it's goodbye Lexus for me.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
that the RX350 will be discontinued in favor of the RX350L for 2018. I realize that the RX350L is coming, but if Lexus discontinues the 2 row RX with only the NX left, then it's goodbye Lexus for me.

Impossible. Someone is lying to you.

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Considering how many RX 350 that Lexus sells it would be unfathomable for them to discontinue the two row and replace it with the three row. Not everyone wants a larger SUV with the extra weight of the third row without more power.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions

KREW said:
Impossible. Someone is lying to you.

I agree, Kevin, that that probably won't happen, but, nevertheless, I can at least partly-understand how Jay feels. I've reviewed both the 2-seat RX and the NX, and IMO there is simply no comparison between the two. While not necessarily a bad vehicle in itself (it's actually a decent small CUV), the NX, though, in comparison to the new RX, feels and drives crudely and unrefined.

Reactions

I purchased my RX in December 2017. If the only choice I had was an RXL I’m not sure if I would’ve purchased the car. I much prefer the appearance of the RX over the RXL. In my opinion that extra few inches of stretch makes the car look more fuddy duddy and I simply don’t need or want the extra space, size and weight.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
In my opinion that extra few inches of stretch makes the car look more fuddy duddy

Fuddy-Duddy? How? :confused: The RX, despite the F-Sport package is not really intended to be a sport-oriented vehicle to start with. A couple of inches on the wheelbase is not going to change that image much, either way.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I have the exact opposite opinion: the base RX has too much forward overhang, and the extra rear on the RX L balances the look. In no universe would I call either RX "fuddy duddy".

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The RX is the highest selling vehicle Lexus has and has expanded the RX line with the L variant. I doubt Lexus will discontinue the regular RX 350. Maybe in the future we'll get an electric version of the RX (compete with Model X)?

RX 300 (outside North America)
RX 350/350L
RX 450h/450h L
RX 450e (maybe in the future?)

F Sport all variants with the exception of the L, maybe in the future Lexus will F Sport the L variant.

Reactions
i have a '17 f-sport and love it. the car was made for couples who like a little jolt with their smartness. but an extra row would have a negative impact on interest in buying another.

mikeavelli

Reactions
i have a '17 f-sport and love it. the car was made for couples who like a little jolt with their smartness. but an extra row would have a negative impact on interest in buying another.

Agreed. My wife adores hers and the new styling had tons to do with it.

Rockville

Fan
Reactions
Not true. There has been a clamor for a third row seat version for years. The RXL was the answer. The irony is that the end user doesn’t use the third row on a daily basis. For some it might be extra cargo room or for a large dog. It also allowed captain chairs in the second row. Due to a rerouting of the exhaust to a single outlet the RXL is quieter and slightly less horsepower.
The conventional RX is the bread and butter model for Lexus. Many other makes try to emulate it. Rumors are that in 2020 it will get CarPlay....

Reactions
This rumor regarding the discontinuation of the Lexus RX 350 is definetly false because the production of the RX 350 is still ongoing and a redesigned RX 350 has already been revealed hours ago. (at the time of making this comment)