Air Intakes

Reactions
Hi everyone, my friend just bought an 2017 IS350 F-Sport. He wants to put a cold air intake on it. However, they stopped making them after 2014. And the older one's don't fit. The question is, if any, what kind of cold air intake would be acceptable without voiding the warranty? I'm asking here because the dealership said they said there were none. Although a great dealership, I figured getting a second opinion would help because it didn't seem like something they get asked a lot.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Unfortunately, anything from the aftermarket will void your warranty :)

Reactions
Unfortunately, anything from the aftermarket will void your warranty :)

Thanks for the input Gecko. I'm wondering if Toyota made any parts that would comply? Or if any companies that were made to be compatible with Lexus, as long as it was done by Lexus service, would work too?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I'm not sure if there are F Sport intakes available. Maybe so?

Reactions
checking for my 2017 IS200t and they don't show any F Sport intake available for 2017 models but still can order for 2016, checking to see if the 2016 will fit on the 2017

Reactions
i have mine on order, should be here today or tomorrow and have it installed shortly after. Hopefully it improves performance and gas mileage

Reactions
no more F Sport intake available now, the one i ordered was still for the IS250 and IS350, not seeing one available for my 2017 IS200t

Reactions
decided to go for a K&N filter to replace the stock one since the F Sport cold air intake isn't available anymore for the 200t and really like it so far. feels like it makes it breathe a lot better and i can notice acceleration being improved. Definitely worth the $60 is spent on it.