Picture of Your IS, Right Now!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
CorradoMR2,

How do like the RSR springs? They seem to be popular w/gen3 owners?

Like them overall. Ride comfort is 98% stock, drop visually is "just right", steering is sharper and body roll is reduced. One negative is slightly bouncy/floaty ride on corners specifically over undulated roads (stock springs controlled body motions better in this specific condition).

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Like them overall. Ride comfort is 98% stock, drop visually is "just right", steering is sharper and body roll is reduced. One negative is slightly bouncy/floaty ride on corners specifically over undulated roads (stock springs controlled body motions better in this specific condition).

Thanks, similar to observations w/Eibach350s on gen2. More pluses than minuses.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Blue Lightning in the last parking spot... :D

80-wp_20150822_16_34_02_pro_2__ddeb931f7051dede0fc61f53ee28d378fb34523d.jpg

Reactions
How are you liking the engine?

Verde wheels, Axis matte graphite.

The new engine is pretty good I think, the torque starts from low rev and much more strong than the old one. And when you change the driving mode to sport, the response of throttle is more sharp. It is more competitive.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
The new engine is pretty good I think, the torque starts from low rev and much more strong than the old one. And when you change the driving mode to sport, the response of throttle is more sharp. It is more competitive.

Glad you like it. I haven't test driven the IS 200t but on the NX, the throttle response is very soft especially at launch (slightly better in Sport) which makes for short distance or quick overpassing more difficult than even my IS250 AWD. The NX launches really well if you spool up the turbo with a brake-torqued launch of about 2500 rpm and in M-mode revved to red line. I got a solid best time of 6.95s to 60 mph while a normal full throttle launch brings it up to a leasurely 8.0s which is slower than the best time I get on my IS on a normal full throttle launch (7.46s best time). That 1 second loss with the NX is the lag on launch where you're literally barely moving for the first second but once you hit close to 3000 rpm, the NX pulls effortlessly all the rest of the way.

How does the IS 200t compare?

Reactions
Glad you like it. I haven't test driven the IS 200t but on the NX, the throttle response is very soft especially at launch (slightly better in Sport) which makes for short distance or quick overpassing more difficult than even my IS250 AWD. The NX launches really well if you spool up the turbo with a brake-torqued launch of about 2500 rpm and in M-mode revved to red line. I got a solid best time of 6.95s to 60 mph while a normal full throttle launch brings it up to a leasurely 8.0s which is slower than the best time I get on my IS on a normal full throttle launch (7.46s best time). That 1 second loss with the NX is the lag on launch where you're literally barely moving for the first second but once you hit close to 3000 rpm, the NX pulls effortlessly all the rest of the way.

How does the IS 200t compare?

Well, I haven't test the NX yet, but the 250 rwd is definitely stronger at beginning, I think. And I'm not professionally enough, so I can not tell some small differences between these cars, so maybe you guys have to figure it out yourselves. I already planed to visit the Death Valley to try my car more hard;).

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
You made the switch from A4, already? :) Congrats to your new IS. It looks gorgeous.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
You made the switch from A4, already? :) Congrats to your new IS. It looks gorgeous.

Crazy I know. I was bored of the A4 and traded it after only 6 weeks despite some depreciation hit though ErinPark sweetened the deal.

Save for a few minor issues (mostly design-related), the A4 has its own merits but all the criticism from the automotive journalists about "lacking a soul" is what I experienced. At first I thought these journalists are crazy but I know exactly what they mean. The best analogy I can give is a Camry. It does everything well but you have no inkling to drive it or feel passionate about it. For me a car is far more than just A-to-B transportation or I'd be in a Corolla and unfortunately in a 10-min test drive, there's no way one can assess the long-term chemistry between man and machine! :thumbsup:

EDIT: AndyL, you got into an NX? Just noticed your signature! Congrats!

Andyl

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks. Yes, just recently. Loves it but still getting used to the smaller trunk. :)

Camry --- good analogy as I can relate it to my previous one. Speaking of having a soul, the 1st IS is the first vehicle which I owned that makes me feel passionate about it. 2nd gen IS is so- so and the current generation IS has best of both worlds, IMHO. Really look forward to see how it evolves in the next couple of years.