Lexus RC F RC F Auto Retracting Seat and Folding Mirrors?

Kuregu

Founding Member
Reactions
So, I realized after delivery that my RC F doesn't have power folding mirrors or the auto retracting seat on entry/exit (like the RX, etc.). Is this even an option on the RC F? I don't typically use either feature in other cars but getting in and out of the RC F is like getting out of a bathtub and the seat thing would make things so much easier. Just curious if other RC Fs have it and I just missed out.

*edit for clarity

Last edited:

Kuregu

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks, all. I feel a bit better knowing it's not something I just missed.

Reactions
Update, So I took one of our RCF's we have in stock to the back and have one of our techs hook up the computer to see if maybe it was a personalize setting and well I'm sad to confirm that it is not. So only the steering wheel will retract.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
The front seats have a front seat memory return if you tilt it forward at least.

Kuregu

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks for looking into it George. Guess I just need to do some Pilates or crunches to save my door trim from shoe marks and scuffs...

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Forgot to mention at least the mirrors still tilt down in reverse when the L or R mirror button is enabled. Still wish we got power folding mirrors like Asia and Europe. That's definitely something I wanted on my IS F at the time.

Reactions
Forgot to mention at least the mirrors still tilt down in reverse when the L or R mirror button is enabled. Still wish we got power folding mirrors like Asia and Europe. That's definitely something I wanted on my IS F at the time.

That doesn't work on the IS does it? I don't think my side mirrors tilt down when in reverse :(

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
That doesn't work on the IS does it? I don't think my side mirrors tilt down when in reverse :(

Yeah the US-spec IS doesn't have it. Hopefully they'll offer it again. I feel like the 3rd Gen IS feature set got cut out in favor of certain other features and options in comparison to 2nd Gen IS.

Reactions
Yeah the US-spec IS doesn't have it. Hopefully they'll offer it again. I feel like the 3rd Gen IS feature set got cut out in favor of certain other features and options in comparison to 2nd Gen IS.

I'm from Canada so looks like North American spec IS doesn't have it :( I agree that certain features were cut that I missed from older Lexus cars

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions

You and me both, brother. I'd settle for just the turn signals integrated on the newer ISx50s, but to have that and the power folding mirrors...you know that is my current search.