Lexus has announced that the Lexus IS F CCS-R will compete in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb on July 8, 2012 — here are some photos of the race car:
Although the 2UR-GSE 5.0L V8 engine remains the same as the stock IS F, overall weight has been reduced by 693 lbs., mostly through the use of carbon fiber — the hood, door handles, front fender, and even the dashboard and center console have been replaced with the material.
The Pikes Peak Hill Climb is an annual automobile and motorcycle hillclimb to the top of the Pikes Peak mountain in Colorado. The track measures 12.42 miles with over 156 turns and climbs 4,720 feet — I recommend the Wikipedia article for some background.
Full specifications of the IS F CCS-R included after the jump.
Wheelbase: 107.5 in.
Overall Length: 187.4 in.
Overall Width: 71.5 in.
Overall Height: 54.5 in.
Curb Weight: 3,087 lbs. or less (693 lbs. less than stock)
Horsepower: 416 @ 6,600 rpm
Torque: 371 lb.-ft. @ 5,200 rpm
Fuel system: SFI D-4 direct-to-cylinder injection with secondary port injectors
Layout: Front engine, rear-wheel drive system
Transmission: 8-speed Sport Direct Shift automatic with paddle shift and manual mode
- Orange mica exterior paint
- Reinforced monocoque (with roll cage)
- Carbon fiber hood, door handles, front fender, front spoiler, front canard, rear spoiler, ventilator
- Polycarbonate windows
- Lightweight door
- 18×8.5J, off-set 30 front
- 18×9.5J, off-set 40 rear
- Yokohama /ADVAN NEOVA A050 tires
- 245/40 R18 front
- 255/40 R18 rear
- Brake cooling system
- Racing brake kit
- Stainless steel mesh brake hose
- Adjustable camber front upper arm
- Modified race suspension
- Reinforced bushings and mounts
- Racing exhaust system
- Engine oil cooler
- Transmission oil cooler
- Differential oil cooler
- Mechanical LSD
- 120L fuel cell
- Air jack system
- Fire extinguishing system
- Data logger
- Kill switch
- Tow strap
- Carbon fiber dashboard, center console, door and interior trim
- HANS compatible full bucket driver’s seat
- Lightened interior (delete power windows, door locks, rear seats, roof lining, etc.)
- Six-point seat belt
- Small-diameter steering wheel with paddle shifters