Tesla Model 3 Performance

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Well, so other than Tesla, other BEVs s*ck. To get the good electric attributes a Tesla has, one loses on all the rest, so the car is not a bargain either. In short ICE for the next years, and even then this too has come to an end. Personal vehicles were a luxury, then brought freedom to all, and will now again be a luxury.

Reactions
Hertz Has Less Than Half the Teslas It Planned to Order by Now

(Bloomberg) -- Hertz Global Holdings Inc. ended last year with far fewer Tesla Inc. vehicles in its fleet than planned when the rental-car company was plotting its late 2021 stock listing.

In an annual regulatory filing Tuesday, Hertz said its rental fleet in the Americas peaked at 428,700 vehicles last year, and that Teslas were 11% of its fleet. That means Hertz had fewer than 50,000 Teslas in its fleet — less than half the 100,000 the company said it would order by the end of 2022.

Hertz’s October 2021 announcement of its Tesla order sent the electric-vehicle maker’s valuation soaring past $1 trillion for the first time. It also helped drum up interest in the rental-car company, which staged its post-bankruptcy public offering two weeks later.

Elon Musk tempered Tesla’s stock rally somewhat days after Hertz made its announcement, tweeting that no contract had been signed and that the EV maker had far more demand than production. Tesla’s market capitalization was $616.2 billion at the close of trading Monday.

Hertz’s filing provides some clues as to why it’s added far fewer Teslas than the car renter said it would order. The first risk factor the company lists pertaining to its EV initiatives is that the strategy depends on the “ability to secure adequate vehicle supply within the time frame we, and our customers, expect.”

Another factor that may have come into play: Tesla raised prices on several occasions last year, which might have made acquiring cars costlier than Hertz expected. That’s less of an issue after Tesla slashed prices across its lineup last month.

mikeavelli

Reactions

Well a huge issue is HERTZ (and all the rental companies) doesn’t have the infrastructure NOW to even power what they have now. When I picked up my Polestar it was at 48%. Apparently this is normal. They have all these EV’s and no way to charge them all up for their customers.

Between rentals cars, ride share and things like the tunnel at Vegas the brand just feels way too common.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
If I picked up a rental EV and it had just 48% we'd have a problem. I'd go back and ask for a gas car with a full tank. When I'm in an unfamiliar city needing to get somewhere the last thing I want to do is go out of my way to charge.

I had a loaner Model S one time when my S was getting fixed and it had like 60% charge. At one point I had to drive ~40 mins out of the way to get to the supercharger because the charge was getting low. It was at a mall so I went and ate but I was really unimpressed.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
If I picked up a rental EV and it had just 48% we'd have a problem. I'd go back and ask for a gas car with a full tank.

I need to just write my experience… it was interesting…. we had a dinner to make so was in a rush.luckily it was easy to calculate i could make it there and to the hotel….

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Assuming they're not lying about range again.
423 miles of range is seriously awesome.

As an aside for potential repeat tesla buyers:

On the used car side of the house, the 10 slowest-selling vehicles are:

Buick Enclave: 64.3 days
Chrysler 300: 64.7
Chevrolet Blazer: 65.9
Land Rover Range Rover: 68.4
Tesla Model X: 71.4
Cadillac XT4: 71.9
Land Rover Discovery Sport: 73.6
Ford Mustang Mach-E: 75.8
Buick Envision: 82.3
Tesla Model S: 88.3
The 10 slowest-selling new cars took so long to move that they made the used cars look like rockstars in comparison. Though there’s only one EV on this list – the Nissan Leaf – electric car sales have slowed dramatically in the past year. The list of slow-selling new cars includes:

Infiniti QX80: 87.2
Nissan Murano: 88.7
Ford Edge: 93.6
Nissan Leaf: 95.2
Lincoln Aviator: 105.1
Mazda MX-5 Miata: 107.3
Ford Mustang: 108.6
Buick Envision: 117.0
Land Rover Discovery Sport: 119.4
Jeep Cherokee: 128.7

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

no performance yet, but I like it.

Laminated glass everywhere, quieter, improved suspension, rear screen, ventilated seats, hw4, nicer base wheels. Nice MMC overall.

My buddy got special RWD LR config for 5k discount right before this came out, deal of the century. Super happy with the car, plus RWD gets crazy good real life consumption and then this one has large battery pack... it goes forever.

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
So bland….I like the screen for the backseat passengers
It may look cool but I think in reality it's kind of stupid. Kids can't reach it, adults have to be hunched forward to reach it, it's probably a little hard to use while the car is moving.

Anyone like how they removed the turn signal and shifter stalks?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Laminated glass? I though Teslas were silent? Or course not, no sound deadening, that is why they are 150 kg lighter than competitors.

Ventilated seats? What it did not have them before?

Message to others, ventilated seat (which I don’t have), that is luxury. Heating seats are useless, in 10 minutes my butt heats then, but in summer, my butt won’t cool then, it itself need cooling.

Reactions
The old Model 3 was derpy as hell but I think that was a way prettier car than this. This is just... not it...

Perhaps in due time I'll like it.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Assuming they're not lying about range again.

As an aside for potential repeat tesla buyers:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Laminated glass? I though Teslas were silent? Or course not, no sound deadening, that is why they are 150 kg lighter than competitors.

Ventilated seats? What it did not have them before?

Message to others, ventilated seat (which I don’t have), that is luxury. Heating seats are useless, in 10 minutes my butt heats then, but in summer, my butt won’t cool then, it itself need cooling.

nobody ever said Teslas are silent. They are not. Model S is ok, 3 is fairly loud but you survive.

Auto feature on heated seats/wheel works great, it doses it really well. Also on my S, ventilated seat work better than on my GS, but i preffer to use manual level instead of auto.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
nobody ever said Teslas are silent. They are not. Model S is ok, 3 is fairly loud but you survive.

Auto feature on heated seats/wheel works great, it doses it really well. Also on my S, ventilated seat work better than on my GS, but i preffer to use manual level instead of auto.

The last GS was released in 2015, engineered probably with 2012-2014 technology, and cost maybe half of what your model S did new. Good to know the ventilated seats are better than your GS, you'd hope they'd get some things right.