2022 Acura Integra

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions
Loved many 90's era Acuras. Absolutely do not understand this new iteration of the Integra and exactly where Acura is trying to head with "Precision blah blah blah."

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions

I got a suspicious feeling that the FL5 CTR is slower than the FK8 CTR in a roll race because it got nerfed to make room for the Integra Type S. Also, apparently the front seats on the Integra Type S are kinda garbage, the cushion is hard and they offer very little lateral support, plus those seats don't even look like they belong in something sporty, they look like normal seats that belong to a cheap econobox. It did set the exact same lap time as the FL5 CTR though, the FL5 is probably still the better handling car but it also has a horribly stiff ride when in +R mode(they had to use this mode or else the stability control and traction control can't be turned off), while the ITS rides a lot smoother and Throttle House's track is very bumpy, so the differences between the FL5 and the ITS ends up cancelling out each other, at least on their track, on other tracks it might be a different story.

mikeavelli

Reactions
For 54k as tested it does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds with few creature comforts. Honda and Driver throws a complete softball article and gives it the cover.

The Accord no one likes wins a comparison inside as well.

I go to the back and a full page ad for the integra

Makes sense lol
IMG_2456.jpeg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
For 54k as tested it does 0-60 in 5.4 seconds with few creature comforts. Honda and Driver throws a complete softball article and gives it the cover.

The Accord no one likes wins a comparison inside as well.

I go to the back and a full page ad for the integra

Makes sense lol
View attachment 7760

That's 90s video game magazine level of shameless

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
So an uglier and more expensive Civic is North America's Car of the Year? BRUH.

They rather pay car magazines to buy fake praises and awards than spend that money to develop and build better cars.

Also that Ford Accord or Honda Fusion ain't coming to my country lolololol, the last gen Accord sold horribly here probably because its only powertrain option, the base 1.5T and CVT gives most people an impression that it's just an XL size 10th gen Civic, the fact that it looks so similar to the Civic isn't helping matters. They can hardly accept an Accord that looks like a Civic, imagine how they would react to an Accord that doesn't look like a Honda 😂.

mikeavelli

Reactions
That's 90s video game magazine level of shameless

I know pricing increases have affected everyone but the pricing is just insane.

10 years ago you got their Accord based “flagship” RLX for 54k. Today you get a Civic based one.

5 years ago you got a 377hp RLX sport hybrid for 64k or so. Today you get a TLX TypeS with 355hp.

The RLX was made in Japan. Had to ship it over. The Integra and TLX are made in Ohio.

If we go back 20 years ago their Accord basedTL/CL Type S were fully loaded with the only option being NAV for 32k or so. Today for $20,000 more you get a Civic based car that LOSES creature comforts. No sunroof. Rear air vents. Manual passenger seat. No NAV. etc That makes more sense on a harder edged Type-R. How does the luxury marque lose features? A civic SI has more features.

I know they are not direct competitors but an IS 350 F Sport starts at 46k. A proper made in Japan RWD sedan. Add ML/Nav and the handling pack and it’s 49k.

Make it make sense please lol

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Seeing that the straight line performance is basically the same between the Integra Type S and the FK8 CTR, this video shows that the FK8 can get easily gapped by a 3.5L Toyota Mark X with the 6 speed AT that debut in 2009. It wouldn't be a suprise if the same happens to the Integra Type S, nothing that makes up an ITS screams “it is worth $52k”.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
honda trend back at it with a weird ass comparisons to give the integra a win

NO ONE compares these cars

"Manual versus automatic. Front- versus rear-wheel drive. Coupe versus hatchback. These are base preferences held fast by car enthusiasts, each of whom has personal beliefs on which combination describes their ideal performance car."
-- Motor(we're not really car people)Trend