2022 Acura Integra

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Gotta love MT and their irreplicable 0-60 times. I guess procedure is 5 foot rollout + some milliseconds deduction that depends on three different parameters depending on how editor wants the article to seem fast.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Gotta love MT and their irreplicable 0-60 times. I guess procedure is 5 foot rollout + some milliseconds deduction that depends on three different parameters depending on how editor wants the article to seem fast.

No one.
Absolutely no one.
Motor Trend- Integra did 0-60 in 2.7 seconds!

mikeavelli

Reactions
Acura has one of the worst lineups around. Slow, no power, terrible MPG, no tech.no Hybrids, no plug ins and a GM BEV. Nothing. And their prices are nuts. 2 sedans and now 3 crossovers.

Type S is the most youtuber and motor trend overhyped stuff on the planet. They can’t give them away.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
When Acura debuted none of the hybrid options for neither new RDX, MDX and TLX I was like whaaaa .. and guess I was right from the get-go. How ignorant you have to be not to build up on Sport Hybrid SH-AWD from previous MDX and RLX. Unless Japan was involved somehow and told them they can't get the setup anymore. They completely misjudged the market by investing into oldschool petrolhead Type S trims. I'm glad they took Type S seriously this time but where were they ten, fifteen years ago? Now they will shut down Type S for the next models due to low sales. Book is writing itself and its predictable.

TLX Type S could have easily been a 2.0T with Sports Hybrid SH-AWD with over 370hp. Who knows what happened down the road.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
To be fair, not everyone wants the heavy, complex hybrid garbage.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Their engines have low power and low MPG. So it’s not like their non hybrid engines are great.

I'm just stating it as a matter of fact, I haven't driven an Acura in years. I know my wife was very impressed with a TLX rental she drove a few years back, but I personally don't care for wrong wheel based cars.

That being said, most modern cars are already ridiculously porky, and then adding the whole hybrid crap adds hundreds of pounds in weight and extra complexity.

Regarding Acuras, the specs on most of them seems ok on paper, but pricing just does not align. Integra type S is 53k, for a souped up Civic, just lol.