Will there be an F car introduced in 2024?

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
With the death of the RCF production cycle slowly approaching in 2023, will there be an F car for 2024?

There has been an F car every year since 2008. Will we be hearing something on this within the next month or so?

2008–14 IS-F​

2015–23 RC-F​

2016–20 GS-F​

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Well we aren't hearing anything of a new rwd sports car news. Until we hear about a new IS or RC I don't think so. We aren't sure about the ev IS as yet.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Well we aren't hearing anything of a new rwd sports car news. Until we hear about a new IS or RC I don't think so. We aren't sure about the ev IS as yet.
Considering Lexus is "Wanting to be cool again", I think that we will absolutely hear something within the next two months whether something is going to happen this year or not. It will be hard to believe if there is a pause in F cars for the first time in 15 years when Lexus is wanting to revolutionize their performance and cars in general.

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yeah it's kinda weird for Lexus to have introduced and "hyped" up their new F Branding (FSH, FSP, F) if they're not even planning on launching any F products.
Cuz they're too busy giving us performance RXs (not a bad thing) and 2 supercars in the next decade. They don't got money to give us a new FR platform, they already have the engines (T24, V35) so they're giving us stuff that we didn't ask for.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Cuz they're too busy giving us performance RXs (not a bad thing) and 2 supercars in the next decade. They don't got money to give us a new FR platform, they already have the engines (T24, V35) so they're giving us stuff that we didn't ask for.
I think they would lose a little bit of momentum if nothing is slated for 2024. Lexus has caught enthusiasts attention with the electrified sport concept coming out. I get that they have their hands tied up but both of those cars aren’t going to be obtainable by most people…

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Lexus does not "want to be cool again". They want to get trendy and go the "all-BEV" route, and has failed terribly at it so
I agree with the trendy part… But, I would hope they have something more up their sleeve to actually adhere to the enthusiasts! I get that Lexus is “future proofing”, but I would hope they aren’t going to forget about us… Lots of hope from me 🙃

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Not sure when we get the next "F" version of a roadgoing car we already are familiar with, but we will get an "F" car in the not too distant future.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yea well get the LFR, not an F but Lexus will milk that so we forget about an F car. Unattainable price tag though.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
Not sure when we get the next "F" version of a roadgoing car we already are familiar with, but we will get an "F" car in the not too distant future.
Can you elaborate 😄? When will we hear some updates if you can’t tell us?

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Yea the LFR will be our "F" since it's high performance. Until we hear stuff about a new IS we not getting a F car anytime soon. Lexus just needs to lighten up the GAL for a major LS overhaul, and use lightweight stuff for the IS/RC. They brag about the new RX being 200lbs lighter, or LC300 being 400lbs lighter, so they could do that for their compact vehicles I'd hope.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I think people don't quite understand what's happening to the approach to their performance cars here. They've inverted the process from before, at least it seems to me. Stop thinking of it like "will there even be an RC let alone an RCF".

I would be excited for a mentality of "Start at the top and build down" vs "start at the bottom and build up".

They developed a GT3 platform and all the pieces you need to figure out their approach I think are out there. This site has done a great job covering it in one place.

Last edited:

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I think people don't quite understand what's happening to the approach to their performance cars here. They've inverted the process from before, at least it seems to me. Stop thinking of it like "will there even be an RC let alone an RCF".

I would be excited for a mentality of "Start at the top and build down" vs "start at the bottom and build up".

They developed a GT3 platform and all the pieces you need to figure out their approach I think are out there. This site has done a great job covering it in one place.
But the question is will they use that expensive platform in a entry level vehicle like IS or RC

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Just... stop and think about what you just said

At this point Lexus could buy billboards spelling it out and it wouldn't take.

Not gonna bother saying any more. With time we will see I suppose if things improve or change.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
I said that because it doesn't look like they wanna invest/care about these cars anymore. So will they use that expensive platform for these vehicles that they perhaps don't care about.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
expensive platform
Large capital investment doesn't necessarily mean expensive.

I bet you the biggest buckets of spending are behind the built capacity of globally produced mass market models, not one offs like the LFA produced in a single high end, repurposable facility.

If they approach the platform with a view to adapting it more broadly, why wouldn't you want to sell as many vehicles on the platform as you can.

Especially if you can work around supply bottlenecks with simplified downmarket offerings that are fundamentally compelling but with less deliverability risk.

dylanfoos

Follower
Reactions
So what I am getting here is that the LFR is most likely going to be the first car within the next 2 years. I saw that Bal would like to have the car ready to go for the 2024 IMSA season to compete against the new Stang. IF everything goes according to plan....