• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, I know all about rental sales diluting true sales figures and cheapening the brand a la GM, Ford, Chrysler.
But I'm about to drive GASP! a Ford SUV for a week in Vegas for SEMA week.
I'm used to renting Corvette, Mercedes, Camaro SS etc from Hertz. No such luck this year.
I would GLADLY pay extra if any rental car company rented an IS, ES, GS or RC at McCarran Airport.
Kinda stinks when you can't rent what you drive at home.
Boo!

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
Yeah, I know all about rental sales diluting true sales figures and cheapening the brand a la GM, Ford, Chrysler.
I'm used to renting Corvette, Mercedes, Camaro SS etc from Hertz. No such luck this year.
I would GLADLY pay extra if any rental car company rented an IS, ES, GS or RC at McCarran Airport.
Boo!
Did you try any of the non-traditional rental companies? You've got Vegas Luxury Rides, and Gotham Dream Cars that both have a great selection(not necessarily Lexus, but luxury still). And I believe they'll pick you up from the airport.

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Boo!

Well you sort of answered your own question, with the major rental companies.
I get what you're saying, but I also get why Toyota and Lexus are shying away from rentals.
I myself am often disappointed when I'm at one of the major rental companies, and they don't have a single Toyota to rent.

As Onelog mentioned, there are however some small luxury car rental places that will rent some very nice rides.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
I did try to negotiate with Enterprise Exotics but they're not at the airport rental facility and they're not open 24 hours. They're more like a boutique and flying coast to coast, I need a company open late when I arrive and early when I fly out.
On the why I only rent from Hertz Gold Plus topic... rented a BMW from the hipsters at the German company Sixt. Checking my travel plans last week and they shut the McCarran location down with no notice. Cancelled immediately. Why I always have a backup rental on standby.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I did try to negotiate with Enterprise Exotics but they're not at the airport rental facility and they're not open 24 hours. They're more like a boutique and flying coast to coast, I need a company open late when I arrive and early when I fly out.
On the why I only rent from Hertz Gold Plus topic... rented a BMW from the hipsters at the German company Sixt. Checking my travel plans last week and they shut the McCarran location down with no notice. Cancelled immediately. Why I always have a backup rental on standby.

Fair enough. Well in that case, yes, you are quite limited as not many exotic rental places will be open 24 hours, or have very long operating hours.