What Will the Next-Generation Lexus CT Look Like?

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
2018 or 2019? Wow that would be 8 or 9 years for the 1CT? That would be a very long time. I know the LX and GX have long generation cycles but for the CT that seems like too long. We'll wait and see when Lexus will release the 2CT...

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
2018 or 2019? Wow that would be 8 or 9 years for the 1CT? That would be a very long time. I know the LX and GX have long generation cycles but for the CT that seems like too long. We'll wait and see when Lexus will release the 2CT...

I would agree - the fact that we have seen engineering mules already suggests a launch next year as a 2108.

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reactions
Unfortunately I think the next CT is not due until late 2018 and possible even 2019.

This is way to long to run this shape and single engine choice.

Considering the fact that it is based upon the Toyota Prius, which was just redone, I would expect the next CT to make the 2017 Auto Show Circuit, and hit dealers in 12-18 months.
BD

mikeavelli

Reactions
I want to say the CT is actually Avensis based, not the Prius. The new one likely will be.

Anyone know for sure?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I agree. It would make sense to make a CT 200t. Sales of the CT would definitely increase and enthusiasts and the like would gobble it up...

There used to be a charm that the CT was hybrid-only, but that ship has sailed. This is a model that needs new engines for the next generation.

I want to say the CT is actually Avensis based, not the Prius. The new one likely will be.

Anyone know for sure?

The MC platform was first used for the Prius, and was then used for the Corolla/Matrix/Avensis. The MC platform has since been redesigned and used for the new RAV4, and the Prius is now built on the TNGA C platform.

Last edited:

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
So the CT will probably be still on the MC platform. That will mean that it will look something like the Toyota Corolla iM/Scion iM/Toyota Auris. And that means the 2CT (especially F Sport) is gonna look hella nice.
production-scion-im.jpg

2016-scion-im-09-1.jpg

But there is a possibility that there won't be a 2CT since it barely got any sales compared to it's competitors. But hopefully Lexus will be smart enough to not think that it's the car's fault, and blame the fact that they made it hybrid-only and put a turbo 4s into the lineup.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
I look forward to the 2CT. Lexus definitely needs to expand the CT line to include a four cylinder turbo and maybe a bigger motor on the hybrid side.

CT 200t
CT 200h
CT 300h

Include F Sport for all CT variants...

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
So the CT will probably be still on the MC platform. That will mean that it will look something like the Toyota Corolla iM/Scion iM/Toyota Auris. And that means the 2CT (especially F Sport) is gonna look hella nice.

Next CT will be on TNGA.

Also, just because a car is built on a specific platform does not mean it's going to look any particular way.

Do these cars look alike?

toyota-solara-sle-convertible.jpg

22555222004-lexus-rx-330-7.jpg

2005_toyota_sienna_xle_awd_100008162_l.jpg

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Next CT will be on TNGA.

Also, just because a car is built on a specific platform does not mean it's going to look any particular way.

Do these cars look alike?

toyota-solara-sle-convertible.jpg

22555222004-lexus-rx-330-7.jpg

2005_toyota_sienna_xle_awd_100008162_l.jpg
No, but I thought since they were hatchbacks on the same platform, they would look at least a little bit alike.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
No, but I thought since they were hatchbacks on the same platform, they would look at least a little bit alike.

Auris/Corolla/iM are at the middle to end of their life cycles, and all are Toyota products. There is no way to gauge what the (Lexus) CT would look like based on those models for many reasons. The platform that's used is almost no predictor of what the sheetmetal will look like, as was illustrated in my post above. All of the similarities between platform-mates are "under the skin" so to speak, unless Toyota deliberately decides to share sheetmetal like they have with the Land Cruiser Prado and Lexus GX in the past.

Even then, with all next gen FWD products moving to TNGA, it's really difficult to know what to expect with the CT because the only TNGA car we have so far is the Prius.