What is your "Lexus Enthusiast" story?

mikeavelli

Reactions
So besides our love for Lexus, the common thread here is KREW and his site. What was your first time going to it and finding it?

I don't recall the exact time or date but it was maybe 5 or even 6 years ago when I saw it come on on a search. I remember saying to myself "this is brilliant" and then "why the hell didn't I think of this" lol and then trying to find out who Kevin was. I was stunned by all the high quality content and passion for the brand. It was the exact opposite of where I was at the time.

Do you remember your first time? lol

Reactions: RAL

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
Honestly, it was about seven years ago. I was reading up on the IS F and the SEMA builds for this then-new model into Lexus' lineup. I mainly frequented this site to see if there were any new news about pricing and mods, thinking it was some sort of factory released information as opposed to aftermarket support. I'm not going to lie- I was happy that the pics shown of the IS F with the polished blades were from around the world. I believe USB and MM were the ones that had more shots showcasing those wheels, but most know the US spec was limited to Obsidian and to a select few, which I am fortunate to have chosen. Nevertheless, I still have the site bookmarked on my laptop since before I even owned an IS F, and am proud to be a member here.

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I remember, as a new Lexus sales associate, trying to find more information on my product. I came upon thepassionatepursuit.com and thought 'wow', this is what I'm looking for. So here I am, maybe 7 or 8 years later I'm still a daily reader. I'm even proud to have a few of my JM Custom Creations cars featured. I enjoyed reading all the feedback, positive and negative. We even sponsored the site for a little while.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Well, this thread has me blushing a bit, but I have to contribute.

I came upon thepassionatepursuit.com and thought 'wow', this is what I'm looking for.

The story about switching from thepassionatepursuit.com to lexusenthusiast.com is an interesting one that can't really be told -- let's just say it involved lawyers and a few sleepless nights! :eek:

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
I can't remember when I started reading lexusenthusiast - likely it was after I got our first Lexus in 2008 - but I kept coming back as it always seemed to have Lexus news before and more often than any of the other sites. Now with the forums, it's even more fun!

RAL

Reactions
I too can't remember when I first came to this site, but I know it must have been after we got our first Lexus in 2006. Our first sales associate retired soon after our initial purchase. He was a master and we've not found his like among the several we had after him. Since his retirement I always get a strange feeling when I realize I know more about the cars than the sales associates . . . and that is only because I get my knowledge here. Krew is a class act . . . the heart of everything that makes this site what it is. And after all the words are shared, his word is the one I most respect . . . and why most of all I am a proud and loyal member.

Integress

Fan
Reactions
Ohh, good question! Gosh, I probably stumbled upon this site back in 2010 when I was looking to trade in my 2008 IS for the refreshed one. I was slightly disappointed with the (very minor) facelift and thought I may have to go from an IS to something different, like the new CT that was launching. I worked for TMS at this time, but not in a department where I was privy to upcoming vehicles (new or updated) and in my desperate search to find more information on the refreshed IS or the new CT, I stumbled upon this site! :p I found info about the new F-Sport package for the IS on this site and thus made my decision to stick with the IS. Ah, the memories.

ThomasGS4

Fan
Reactions
Probably a good 8+ years ago when I was looking at some beautiful pictures the website had posted of a Soarer. Was only recently that Mike had informed me about the new forum!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Well I'll chime in with mine; similar to a few others here, I don't remember exactly when I first visited the site. It was several years ago when it was www.thepassionatepursuit.com. I remember seeing it and thinking "what an interesting site". I visited the site often from then on. Then a couple of years later, I wanted to know more about who krew was. After various conversations, and some time passing, here we are :).

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
Also from my side, it dates back to thepassionatepursuit... looking for a maximum of info on Lexus. The first time would be more or less 7 years ago. I was always impressed with the speed and accuracy of all possible Lexus info. And I always wondered why there was no forum linked to it... until I discovered that there was just one person behind the wheel ;)

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I came across this site recently and could see right away the focus on the Lexus brand. Also I found actual owners with real product knowledge, a big difference from the old forum.