What 2016 Lexus are you looking forward to the most?

What 2016 Lexus are you looking forward to the most?

• IS (new 2.0)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • GS (facelift, new 2.0)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • RX (all new)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • GS F

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • LX (now confirmed)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • RC (new 2.0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CT (sedan!?!?)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

mikeavelli

Reactions
Just curious to see what 2016 Lexus you are most anxiously awaiting. This doesn't mean you are buying it, just that it has your interest the most. I only posted cars getting a significant update (please let me know if I need to add something to the poll).

For me, its the GS F....

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I know some of the enthusiasts will pick the GS-F or latest RC versions (and I certainly respect your view on that, Mike) :), but, for the company as a whole, seems like it has to be the RX. This is truly the company's bread-and-butter product. Roughly one out of every three Lexus sales, especially in the U.S., is an RX.....that's why they can't afford to screw it up. Look at the enormous amount of talk and speculation, for example, on just the issue of a third-row seat alone for the new RX....not including anything else new about it.

Screenshot_64.png

2016-Lexus-RX-interior.jpg

On the issue, Mike, of whether anything else has to be added to the poll, the only other (possible) one I think of may (?) be the CT200 sedan. I say possible instead of definite because, while there have been hints of an upcoming CT sedan, I don't know of anything verified.

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
only other thing I could think of is the ES facelift in person, but it doesn't really stack up to some of these others, hah.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I voted for LX, just because rumors continue that it may be a redesign, and I'm REALLY excited to see what Lexus brings to the table there. A few months ago I would have said GS F and RX, but both of those have already been unveiled.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Would you trade your IS for one...or do you actually need those two rear doors? I know you like the IS as a series......it's part of your screen-name.

Good question, IS back seat is rarely used. I would sell my IS350 outright (it has low miles and I have the pristine 18" stock wheels and sport package springs stored in my garage). I have access to a boutique high end inde dealership that sells premium cars on consignment, displayed indoors, I know owner (who established business 2 decades ago) and have used them before.

The Mercedes C250 has a better rear seat than all gens of IS's, so when a usable back seat is really needed (and bigger trunk w/fold down rear seats), I use that.

Note: my car specs are in the 3 lines of my signature below.

Regarding RC and engine I would like to see, some form of upgrade to 3.5L is needed to deal with additional 375 pounds of weight over 2nd gen IS350 for example. 3.0tt V6 would be nice...

Last edited:

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Looks like LX is confirmed now :). Not a redesign as rumored, but a major refresh with a dazzling interior and exterior, so works for me :).

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
GS refresh - 2.0T, GS F and hopefully a new/updated V6.

I hope we get the deets sooner rather than later!

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I know some of the enthusiasts will pick the GS-F or latest RC versions (and I certainly respect your view on that, Mike) :), but, for the company as a whole, seems like it has to be the RX. This is truly the company's bread-and-butter product. Roughly one out of every three Lexus sales, especially in the U.S., is an RX.....that's why they can't afford to screw it up. Look at the enormous amount of talk and speculation, for example, on just the issue of a third-row seat alone for the new RX....not including anything else new about it.

Screenshot_64.png

2016-Lexus-RX-interior.jpg

On the issue, Mike, of whether anything else has to be added to the poll, the only other (possible) one I think of may (?) be the CT200 sedan. I say possible instead of definite because, while there have been hints of an upcoming CT sedan, I don't know of anything verified.

Mike, I added CT Sedan to the poll as requested, thanks!

I do not work for Lexus (nor Toyota) exactly, but I strongly believe that a redesigned CT (plus saloon) is not due until the 2017 model year. This poll refers to 2016 model year offerings (primarily launched in second half of 2015), so I can see why LexFather did not add it initially. Adding the CT saloon, means one has to also add a roster of Lexus models confirmed or proposed to be due in the 2016 calendar year, such as the 5LS, 1LC, 4RXL(?), RC-C(?), and 3IS facelift.

Save for staggered Q1 2016 releases as MY2016 cars, the majority of Lexus model launches in 2016, as revisions or full model changes are going to be designated 2017 models. The LC coupe will launch in January 2017, after November 2016 production commencement and will be unveiled before that within the next 6 to 8.5 months. The 5LS might be delayed, as some are either misconstruing the 2017 model designation of it for a 2017 launch (January-December 2017) and not a late 2016 launch. Or possibly, a late 2016 production start-up, might equal an early 2017 launch as "mid-year" 2017 model.

Recent stories about the LC, seem to hint at the LC somehow debuting the new RWD modular platform, which means the LS might be coming after it. Hopefully that is not true, as Lexus needs a new LS flagship sooner than an LC coupe.

As for what I look forward to, the 2016 LX of course, with the GS facelift a distant second. I, to a degree, berated some insiders that spoke about the 2016 LX as a full redesign, on the impression that the timing of updates didn't fit a reasonable timeline, contradicted parallel 300 Land Cruiser development, and/or heavily extended the life-cycle of the 200-Series LX to 2019-20. I then assumed it was to be moderate, so as to accommodate a much sooner redesign. The actual amount of changes are enormous from what I can see and likely the most expensive Lexus facelift ever.

Since Toyota was reviewing design proposals for the next Land Cruiser in early 2014, by now they have (likely) since finished design work and usually something will end up in production about under 3.5 years afterward. If these LX changes warrant an extended ROI in the form 4 years from launch in August 2015, then a spring-autumn/fall 2019 redesign/replacement/discontinuation is in the cards for the 200-Series Lexus LX. The Land Cruiser 200 changes are not as significant, so it can be replaced by late 2017 at earliest. It will likely be in 2018, with the LX coming a bit later than past examples of parallel model launch.

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
And I thank you as I voted for It - I'm hoping to replace our 2012 CT with a new one and want to see a worthy successor. IMO the CT is the best "city car" out there.
I did as well. We have a 2012 as well and we're hoping for something really neat to replace it, but for sure we want a hatch!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I do not work for Lexus (nor Toyota) exactly, but I strongly believe that a redesigned CT (plus saloon) is not due until the 2017 model year. This poll refers to 2016 model year offerings (primarily launched in second half of 2015), so I can see why LexFather did not add it initially. Adding the CT saloon, means one has to also add a roster of Lexus models confirmed or proposed to be due in the 2016 calendar year, such as the 5LS, 1LC, 4RXL(?), RC-C(?), and 3IS facelift.

Thanks, Carmaker. :)

For those of you not aware of it, "saloon" is British-speak for sedan.

TripleL

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm excited to see and experience the New RX, but I really can't wait for the GS-F!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
You should update the LX selection on the poll Lexfather, now that it's confirmed :D.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
A suggestion, Mike......how about adding the new 2016 ES to the poll? It's not totally redesigned, but gets a new, more pronounced spindle-grille and some new interior touches.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Well, I cant wait to see new CT... it will certainly be presented in 2016 as new model under TNGA platform so that will be interesting to see.