Video: The Story of the Lexus LF-SA Concept

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
krew
15-03-03-lexus-lf-sa-concept-videos-400x200.jpg

Two Lexus LF-SA videos were released: the standard launch video, and a behind-the-scenes look at its creation.
View the original article post

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
I see huge applications for a car like this in Europe, but I don't see its success in the North America market.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I see huge applications for a car like this in Europe, but I don't see its success in the North America market.
It's a stretch to think of a production LF-SA reaching North America, but then I was surprised when Toyota offered the iQ.

My own feeling is if this concept reaches production, it will be offered worldwide. With global expansion so important to the company right now, I don't think Lexus is too interested in making region-specific models.

PTien

Fan
Reactions
It's a stretch to think of a production LF-SA reaching North America, but then I was surprised when Toyota offered the iQ.

My own feeling is if this concept reaches production, it will be offered worldwide. With global expansion so important to the company right now, I don't think Lexus is too interested in making region-specific models.
Small cross over in-line with MB GLA, Audi Q3 and BMW X1..... Not that much of a stretch..... maybe they just need to add 2 more doors.....

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
So it's 3.4 m long or 134".
This slots in between the iQ's 122 " length and the Mini Cooper's 150 " length.

A Yaris is HUGE at almost 154" in length! :D

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions

I would think the LF-SA would sell well in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago...

Reactions
We've been running our iQ for 3 years now to cut back on our Lexus GS mileage and it's a first class companion. We would welcome this replacement in the 3-4 years it'll take to make production assuming it gets the go ahead. The big problem is convincing the auto reviewers there's a place for city cars.

Ruksac

Follower
Reactions
Small cross over in-line with MB GLA, Audi Q3 and BMW X1..... Not that much of a stretch..... maybe they just need to add 2 more doors.....

Agreed, if this were four doors it would compete, but that takes away from the design. I'm not sure if Lexus would go the route of adding in suicide style half doors for rear seat entrance and egress.

mikeavelli

Reactions
We've been running our iQ for 3 years now to cut back on our Lexus GS mileage and it's a first class companion. We would welcome this replacement in the 3-4 years it'll take to make production assuming it gets the go ahead. The big problem is convincing the auto reviewers there's a place for city cars.

Nice! Glad to someone with an iQ post their experience.