mikeavelli

Reactions
Review was fair. Car is fair lol.

Coincidently springs finally are here so will update y’all soon. Wife now likes the RZ but still prefers the RX (range anxiety with “what if” scenerios).

IMG_4031.jpegIMG_4032.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
So i’ve been unfortunately slacking with my RZ content and that will change.

Some driving impressions in the N GA mountains. I’m not joking, this is a great driving Lexus. It’s shocking.

2023 Lexus RZ 450e Premium | Mountain Run Driving Impression | It is really good | Electric Lexus

DOC4Lex

Fan
Reactions
So i’ve been unfortunately slacking with my RZ content and that will change.

Some driving impressions in the N GA mountains. I’m not joking, this is a great driving Lexus. It’s shocking.

2023 Lexus RZ 450e Premium | Mountain Run Driving Impression | It is really good | Electric Lexus
Awesome at least we are getting owners personal reviews

mikeavelli

Reactions
@mikeavelli Good to know the RZ drives really well and that 4Direct is a great addition.

Looking forward to more Lexus BEVs down the road. I'd prefer a sedan.

It’s a shame that every single review seems to solely focus on range and nothing else. This is a very good car to drive. And all these youtubers getting all these hits are not relaying that message.

I’m starting to see no difference between inpedendent youtubers and large mass media at this point if the messaging and effort it the same. A dismal effort and just wanting to beat up on a Lexus product.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
It’s a shame that every single review seems to solely focus on range and nothing else. This is a very good car to drive. And all these youtubers getting all these hits are not relaying that message.

I’m starting to see no difference between inpedendent youtubers and large mass media at this point if the messaging and effort it the same. A dismal effort and just wanting to beat up on a Lexus product.
It was clear to me, right off the bat, that the "independent" youtubers were going to be suspect at best. 1) most of them are just regular people that have no expertise in cars other than being able to read a spec sheet and make slick, palatable videos. 2) They know what butters their bread. Say the nice things when the car is first coming to market so they keep getting invited to press events. Hot takes and playing algorithm games come afterward to get the clicks. The manufacturers aren't paying attention at that point anyway. 95% of the youtubers are only useful for giving up close video of the car before we can see them in person. At least with the traditional outlets, they will regularly say that journalist A liked this aspect but journalist B didn't care for it. There seems to be a little more checks and balances in the traditional outlets now.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

I have started to unsubscribe to many of these car review channels and when I watch the remaining ones, it's usually using an ad-blocking version on my Smart TV.

I'm actually not learning anything about the vehicle from most of this channels and it's quite obvious how bias they are for or against certain brands.

Definitely looking forward to the IS BEV, which will be a very good balance between fun and reliability. Even if it didn't have torque vectoring, I would consider it if only for the software / overall reliability I've experienced with Toyota/Lexus products.