Will1991

Reactions
Next week we should be at around 8.7 USD/Gal. for regular and 10 USD/Gal. for premium... This made me backtrack getting a NX450h+!
Even the UX300e is getting "more not that bad" each week 🤣 🤣

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
Next week we should be at around 8.7 USD/Gal. for regular and 10 USD/Gal. for premium... This made me backtrack getting a NX450h+!
Even the UX300e is getting "more not that bad" each week 🤣 🤣
WOW...some of us are fortunate to be able to work from home but even just to take kids to school and picking them up cost me $50+/week in the GX460 and our price is about $4/gal.

Americans do NOT like high gas prices.

Will1991

Reactions
glad I have that Rz preorder, later this year hopefully! I’ll post whatever I hear

Did you managed to get any new info about it? Price range?

I am wondering what the RZ450e interior will look like 🤔

Mag-X says something about it, but you need to buy the magazine to see what they know.
I’m also curious to see it, I think it will showcase the future Lexus interior layout beyond the 2NX.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Saw an article saying the official reveal will be 4/20…not sure if it’s true

Nights

Fan
Reactions
I wonder if they’ll release information on RZ or RX first since both are due to be released by Q4.

Will1991

Reactions
Can Direct4 be yoke only and adapted to 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering?

TMC has been studying how to develop the control method for drive-by-wire systems.
This kind of technology, should enable to improve cabin space design flexibility and be compatible with automated driving systems.

This system, with 150 degrees of movement would allow for a different experience at different speeds:

image.png

Another concern, it linked to steering feel, what should and shouldn't be transmitted to the driver:

image.png

It's at about 40km/h that a significant difference on steering wheel angle and lateral acceleration, so the biggest step should happen at around this speed:

image.png

For a more natural steering feel, it's important to think what happens when you're decelerating. If the control is built in such a way that only the speed matters, we might find ourselves needing to steer less to do a constant corner if we pick up some traffic, this would be counterintuitive:

image.png

Let's see what will show up from this!

Benito

Fan
Reactions
Wow that interior!!! Much better than the BZ4X. I was worried it would be too much like the BZ thank goodness it isn't.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
That is rather conservative interior for EV, keep in mind that the steering wheel will be optional and maybe not available in most markets, so with regular steering wheel you get classic Lexus instrument panel with nav screen that is not at top and is surrounded by vents.

And yeah, a lot more luxurious than NX.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Full size pictures here: Lexus - Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

It looks like the infotainment graphics and climate controls are still the same found on the NX, but screen design is much more integrated and cohesive, thankfully. Also, I thought they would expand the gauge cluster size after being criticized for lack of customizations, but seems like they are still gonna stick with it nonetheless...we will see how it goes.

Little nitpick on the vents as I think it is just a little plasticky for my taste...hopefully it is using authentic materials (metal). I really love the two-steps, surrounding dash design reminiscent of the LS & LS and I hope they are saving those elements for future line-ups.