That Lexus Atomic Silver is some paint job.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
That Lexus Atomic Silver is some paint job.
automobiles-new-2017-lexus-es-350-1885340-right-front-corner-photo-Image.jpg

An aging friend of mine (a fellow I regularly swim with at the local County fitness-center in the Olympic-sized pool, and often go to lunch with) turned in his second leased ES350 for a third new one a couple of days ago......a leftover 2017 (he liked the former 2015 he had so much that he decided not to wait for any upcoming changes on the 2018). He actually turned it in a couple of months early, but he said the dealer gave him a lease-discount and incentive on the new one to do so.....they (apparently) wanted his old one to re-sell as a CPO, for which it easily qualified. (He doesn't pay off month by month like most people do, but pays the whole lease-contact off up front when he signs....he apparently gets another discount for that).

Anyhow, enough of the finances. After two Ho-Hum boring regular silver paint jobs (one with Black leather interior, and one with Ivory Leather), this one has a paint job that, though not a bright color, tends to open your eyes up...Atomic Silver. It's not the first time I've seen the Atomic Silver paint job, of course, and Dodge and Audi have offered a similar-looking light gray/Titanium Metallic shade in the past which looked great.....especially under the glaring lights of an auto show. The Atomic Silver (and the former Dodge/Audi Titanium) are just a little darker than your regular Ho-Hum silver, with a sightly more-pronounced metallic effect...it can be striking, especially in bright sunlight. Instead of getting the Ivory leather interior this time (which he chose last time because he thought the black showed too many scuff-marks).....he went back to the Black interior (even the Ivory interior had black wheel wells and lower-door panels that still showed scuff-marks).

The image I provided, of course, is a similar Google one (I didn't have my cell-phone with me when I first saw the car today)....but I'll try and get some actual shots when I do. I sometimes have trouble trying to up-load them, though....so, we'll see. His car, BTW, has two-tone polished black and gray wheels....not the light silver ones pictured in the image.

GM, unfortunately, doesn't offer that striking Titanium/Atomic-Silver shade, or else I probably would have ordered it on my LaCrosse. But it does, on a number of its different products, offer the Pepperdust Metallic, which is also a quite-classy color....depending on the sunlight, a light smoky gray in some angles, and a very light grayish-Bronze in others. I had little trouble selecting that color...especially after they cancelled four of the 2017 shades and substituted four new ones for 2018.

buick_lacrosse_2017_2017_buick_lacrosse_essence_pepperdust_met_in_crest_hill_illinois_5500005491854677724.jpg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yup, Lexus NAILED atomic silver....

The Matador Red (a classic Candy-Apple shade) that they offered several years ago was also stunning, but, for some reason, unless my eyes are just failing me, it seems like today's "Matador Red" is actually a slightly darker, more burgundy shade.