Should Lexus make production CCSR Models?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Wanted to get your thoughts on this. Lets be honest here, these cars will be more expensive (possibly much more), less usable (possible rear seat deletes) and not sure how much more power they would have. They would be lighter, rarer, more performance oriented and be something even more special than current F models...

I'm all for it :D... I think Mercedes really hits the head with their "Black Series" and would love to see Lexus go this route....

Reactions
I highly dubt it will happen.

Will be expensive and only a few will be sold.

Look at the IS F. Production was slow after the 3rd year and dwindled after each year and was less in price.

So, they quit production on it.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus Japan did offer the IS F Circuit Club Sports parts, which you could use to transform your ISF into an approximation of the CCS-R. The problem, as @flipside909 mentions, was the parts could add up to more than the IS F depending on the configuration.

Lexus Japan will be trying again with RC F Circuit Club Sports parts, and I wonder if we might see a more reasonable price this time around. It would be great to see this type of heavy performance customization make it to North America.

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
I would love to have some of the parts from the IS F CCS-P. But it'd be hard to justify with those prices. flipside909 and I have had a few discussions about some of the parts. I wish it was more attainable than the other aftermarket variants. And it just so happens that taxes have been filed, and now I'm left thinking about those same parts again haha.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just think there is a huge opportunity here...why stop at "F"? As LexusTechSa stated, Nurburgring editions for all lol

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I just think there is a huge opportunity here...why stop at "F"? As LexusTechSa stated, Nurburgring editions for all lol

Really though -- they have all the parts, they have the cars. I wonder why Lexus USA doesn't just special order 10 RC Fs with the full CCS parts catalogue and sell them as a Nürburgring special edition.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Really though -- they have all the parts, they have the cars. I wonder why Lexus USA doesn't just special order 10 RC Fs with the full CCS parts catalogue and sell them as a Nürburgring special edition.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

BOOSTEDLEX

Premium Member
Reactions
I believe it's all relative to how much someone makes and likes cars and what they are willing to spend. There will always be someone who wants it and can afford it and someone who wants it and can't afford it. There is a market for these type of cars. Just the same as Porsche has the 911, turbo, GT3 and 918.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I believe it's all relative to how much someone makes and likes cars and what they are willing to spend. There will always be someone who wants it and can afford it and someone who wants it and can't afford it. There is a market for these type of cars. Just the same as Porsche has the 911, turbo, GT3 and 918.

Yup....and maybe its just me but it seems the 100-200k range has exploded with cars or at least cars starting under 100k but get over 100k easy with options.....

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Maybe not specifically CCSR models, but more along the lines of a rumoured "FS" line of cars. Clearly differentiated from regular F models, these could be really hardcore, with aggressive everything: style, transmission, tires, interior, weight-savings, chassis reinforcemetns and a BIG jump in engine power.

I think if they were to release actual CCSR models, they would struggle because there's not enough clear differentiation between a CCSR model and a regular F model to a regular consumer. Now yes to us enthusiasts we can see the differentation, but even things like Benz Black Series, they are often not bought by enthusiasts, but simply by rich old men who just want the top model, the most exclusive model. For the regular high-roller consumer, I think clear differentiation in the powertrain department would a necessity. Say for example, having an NA V8 RC F, and then a twin turbo V8 "RC FS".

RAL

Reactions
Well I'm old . . . not rich :( . . . but it sure would be fun!