RX450h owner questions

Reactions
Hello, I've just bought a 2010 RX450h. The CD player unit is a little worn, I've read that the one in mine has a 6 CD changer and Hard Drive, but as I plan to upgrade the screen to an Android and don't plan on using CD's I was wondering if I could swap the CD unit over to the facelift version? I've attached photos of the differences, the photo isn't my unit just a photo from online but it's the same model. Thank you, Michael

Attachments

• New.jpg
    New.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Old.jpg
    Old.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions
Hey sorry I thought I’d put all my 2010 RX450h SE-I car mod/customisation questions in one bunch:

1) The parking sensors despite being set to the further green bar still only seem to register close to an object. My Kia would beep from the front even in drive-thrus behind the other car. Could I ask Lexus during my service to add 2 sensors to the front and adjust/check the other 2 and the rear 4 are working correctly?

2) I’m going to try and ask Lexus for the part Q-Safe Blinker 01 kit so that I can install comfort 3 indications, but could I ask Lexus to increase the volume of the signals as they’re only audible with music or talking?

3) I kept getting TRC OFF displaying whenever stationary or driving casually around, afterwards I saw I had a slow puncture on my rear right and changed the tire. I had assumed the TRC OFF appeared due to that but it’s still popping up, is this a fault as I’m not driving recklessly? Also, does 2010 RX450h SE-I have tire pressure sensors? With my Kia I would get an orange symbol on the dash showing {!} which meant a tire was low, however, the tire that needed changing was down to 18psi but no warning appeared, if the car doesn’t have them, is there a small mod to add the function?

4) Finally, 😊 with regards to MPG. When I first collected and put petrol in the car I drove home on the motorway and stuck eco mode on and stuck to 60mph, I managed to get the average to 38mpg, however, it has dropped now to 33 with around town driving. I had wanted to install side steps but worry that will drag the mpg down more, apart from fully aired tires, driving with a gentle foot, and eco mode, is there anything that can increase the mpg? Maybe an eco remap? Or an additive to the petrol?

5) Finally +1, whenever I put the head unit onto the radio or Bluetooth or climate, it automatically after about 10 seconds takes me back to the setup menu, is there a way to stop this from happening?

Thank you!

Reactions
So, I’m hearing this rattling sound inside my boot lid when I open and close it, sounds like there’s a small object loose inside, does anyone know what it could be and how I could check?

Also, is there any way I can auto-open the boot lid without pressing the key, there’s only a lock and unlock button on the trunk as far as I can tell

Thank you!

Video Below:

Reactions
I only stumbled across the Catalytic Converter theft craze accidentally the day after I bought my Lexus, straight away reading all the comments had me worried, so I booked in immediately with an exhaust garage to have a de-cat and straight pipe fitted for £250. Obviously, as I’ve switched from diesel to hybrid to be more eco this isn’t ideal, but until there’s a better solution it will have to suffice. The protection plates may only deter or delay the theft, and the universal option could still fail too. I thought about putting side steps on to deter but I doubt that would work. I read a lot of comments saying hybrids don’t get emission tested, and there are still two more cats further up the vehicle so it will pass its MOT.
However, I also still want to use Lexus for servicing, so I just wanted to ask if they will still accept the car for service with the modification as I know there is a fine for tampering with the eco parts on your car.
Thank you!

Reactions
I was wondering if the boot was meant to jerk closed like the video shows or whether these struts need replacing for smoother movement?

Thank you!

Video Below:

Reactions
So, I’m trying to tidy up my car after recently purchasing and I noticed the Hybrid door badges are a little chipped, has anyone found a touch-up paint pen that matches the blue? Or would it be best if I just removed them and bought new ones to stick on?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6191.JPEG
    IMG_6191.JPEG
    697.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6198.JPEG
    IMG_6198.JPEG
    736.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions
My new car has had only one previous owner its whole life which was great! ..however.. that owner has lived in Scotland haha so the underneath of the car is a little rusted. Does anyone know a reliable and relatively not too costly service to protect the car's parts?

I found https://www.rust.co.uk/product/half-day-rust-proofing-service-price-list/ but I think a half day with my Lexus will be about £350

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_6184.JPEG
    IMG_6184.JPEG
    963 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6186.JPEG
    IMG_6186.JPEG
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6187.JPEG
    IMG_6187.JPEG
    818 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6189.JPEG
    IMG_6189.JPEG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6188.JPEG
    IMG_6188.JPEG
    977 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6192.JPEG
    IMG_6192.JPEG
    937.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6194.JPEG
    IMG_6194.JPEG
    954.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6195.JPEG
    IMG_6195.JPEG
    823.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6196.JPEG
    IMG_6196.JPEG
    823.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6197.JPEG
    IMG_6197.JPEG
    825.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions
So my reverse camera is blurry and smeared, but I’ve wiped the lens and it hasn’t improved, is it possible to remove the camera and replace it?

Thank you!

Video Below:

Reactions
Whilst I was under the car I found a loose object inside the rear bumper, does anybody know what this is?

Attachments

• IMG_6143.JPEG
    IMG_6143.JPEG
    605.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6145.JPEG
    IMG_6145.JPEG
    566 KB · Views: 3

Will1991

Reactions
Hi @MJZ97 , I’ve just merged all your threads to keep the forum clean, no need to start 9 new threads in a row 🙂

Reactions: RAL