Rx350 color suggestions

Reactions
Hello everyone, I own a lexus gs350 and plan on getting a 2016 rx350.
Im unsure of what color to get. Im considering black as the grill is black. But know its gets dirty fast. Im a simple black, white and silver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

RAL

Reactions
Welcome to the community!
I too basically prefer a black, white, or silver vehicle. My humble advise would be to throw practicality to the wind and choose the color you like most! ;)

Reactions
Thank you so much for your advise!
Your right, life is too short and you only live once! Thank you again

Reactions
The last time I was at my Lexus dealer I saw a 2016 Lexus RX F Sport with a Nebula Gray exterior and the Rioja Red interior and it was gorgeous!!!

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
You can never go wrong with silver IMO. My parents had two in silver (2010 and 2013) which I thought looked great, and currently drive a black 2015. Black looks great when clean, but its hard to keep that way and does show scratches easier. My Jetta is also black and I don't see myself ever purchasing a black car again for the previously mentioned reasons. That being said, I'm a huge fan of the 2016 in Nebula Gray Pearl. Good luck on your RX search!

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
In general, I'd avoid black, for a number of reasons,...heat in the summer, dust/dirt, fingerprints, and the general difficulty keeping it clean. Black, under low-lighting conditions, also makes it more difficult for other drivers to see it at night...at some angles where the headlights and taillights don't show.

You seem concerned about the vehicle getting dirty fast. If that's the case, I'd probably recommend the Satin Cashmere Metallic. It's a color that seems to blend in almost perfectly with dust, dirt, scratches, and the general stuff that accumulates on a car's finish day by day. It will hide a lot of the daily dirt-build-up, and you won't have to wash it as often. It's not an exact match for tree-pollen (which tends to be yellowish-green), but will hide it better than some of the other colors. Of course, silver or white will probably be best at hiding white or light-gray salt-stains in the winter....but you don't want salt to stay on the car very long, anyway. And white, though nice and cool in the summer, makes it harder to heat up and melt ice/snow on it in the winter.....it also tends to show colored-stains quite easily.

http://www.lexus.com/build-your-lex...d/112/my-dream-car/{-x-:-04U7-,-i-:-EA24-,-a-:[],-p-:[],-z-:[]}

In the end, of course, it comes down to which of the available colts is best for your needs, driving style, and cleaning habits.

And, whatever color you choose, get a bottle of this: It's inexpensive (generally $4-5), effective, and will remove all kinds of surface (not deep) paint-problems, keeping the paint just like new. I use it myself. (make sure it's the SCRATCH-OUT scratch-remover and not the rubbing compound).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hello everyone, I own a lexus gs350 and plan on getting a 2016 rx350.
Im unsure of what color to get. Im considering black as the grill is black. But know its gets dirty fast. Im a simple black, white and silver. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

We just got a new RX F-Sport for my wife, she has traditionally owned a white Lexus and was initially leaning toward silver and nebula but really liked the new "cavier" which is a black with pearl flakes in it. It really looks amazing compared to the stock black.

Good luck with your choice!!!