Premium Multi Media: a strange behavior

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
Hi,

Apologize in advance for my bad English, I want to share some this situation, hope to have some suggestion.

I have experienced strange behavior of the multimedia system on my two weeks old IS300H MY2017 Premium.

In few words, with the previous IS300H I had (MY2013) at the start (pressing ON), after the welcome message, the navigator screen appeared without any data entry window, ie: it was ONLY the map, the user who needed to enter a destination went to MENU and started the process.

Also, with the previous IS when using the reverse gear, the screen of course changed with the camera view, and when it returned to Drive gear, the screen come back to the previous setting screen (Maps, Radio, etc.) now in whatever way the display is set (such as Radio or the air conditioning screen or any other option available) when I come back to drive gear the screen go back always on the maps, with the annoying menu open on the screen.

So I have to go out from map screen, go back to the general menu, select again the radio or any other screen I have set.
I hope the movie uploaded here:

https://app.box.com/s/rt6dem6jgvdjpttf7sl87er1stkbzs3l

can help better than my poor English.

Could someone tell if is possible to change this setting?

I've clearly downloaded the detailed multimedia manual from the Internet (the one in the car is poor and almost does not talk about multimedia, just a few generic pages) but they do not mention this thing, I suspect there is another bug in the software of my multimedia system, as the same of the connected services (Lexus still is not responding me with a solution for the failed login)
sad.png
... anybody can help me to understand if this is normal ... or the new software ... or are willing to try in his car if it happen the same?

Thank you in advance!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This isn't exactly your car system, but it should be the same on your car:

Let me know if this helps!

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
Hi Krew, first of all thanks for the response.

I have make some trial and double check.

1. the screen was settled correctly, I follow your video and it was off.
  2. during the process I found the system very slow: so I have try to reset all the preferences, restart the system and set up everything again like it was the first time, it take some time but it worth it because I solved partially my doubt: now the screen stay settled on the previous set up (Clima, Radio and so on) when you do any operation.

The only way the Nav screen appears as I have shown is when you have set the icons menù: in this case, the menù disappear and again, the map come back to the main screen, I suppose that in the mind of the software engineers the general icon menu is not conceived to stay on the screen, but just to "call" when you need...

It is not solved the "problem" of the map that always start with the destination window ready: I have to think this is the new software that is programmed to do this, I have to say that is not so nice…

The reset and restarting of the system, by the way, does not affect the constant impossibility to connect and use the connected services (a European light version of the USA Enform) while password and username are correct and the iPhone is correctly settled and connected… the login is still impossible.

Lexus, unfortunately, around after three week, has not take any action or provide any information about it.

Thanks for your help and have again apologize for my English.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
For the USA Enform, they recently changed the LexusDrivers.com site so that you had to update your account to a new format, or else the iPhone app would not allow login. Perhaps Europe has a similar issue? I found out about this by using the "contact for help" feature on the website.

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
Hi Ian, and thanks for this interesting update...

In fact in EU happen the same: they had a previous portal, while I will login with no problem with the previous car.

Now Lexus EU has redirect to a new portal called "my Lexus" that is a mess.

Some few people say they are able to login, others no (like me) even if the pw and username are absolutely correct.

I wonder if here there's some EU member that have the same problem.

Unfortunately Lexus EU seems to be totally avoiding the problems of users, as they always reply with the same pre-written answer "Dear user... if you have lost your password..." or other non senses ... it is annoying ... I sent them detailed process, pictures and video of the failed login... his engineer that at the beginning seems to want to help me... disappear.

Concerning the app, in EU we have a complete different system than Enform in USA: we only have a portal access while, when you are logged in, you can have more detailed info on meteo, parking, traffic and some features like creating your trip and send to the car.

We don't have any iPhone app yet.

I had great benefits from all this information from the web in the previous car... so I am very disappointed they cannot help me ... I just wait to see if the dealer can do something.