Planning, Designing, & Development of Lexus

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Yes, thank you again Benito. I am pleased that you, Peter, Ian, maiaramdan, and DFGeneer liked my submissions from earlier this month. I will send you a timeframe on when to expect more information, especially that I have decided starting with LS400 is too much work to do at once and might have to choose an easier topic in the meantime.

I

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Yes, thank you again Benito. I am pleased that you, Peter, Ian, maiaramdan, and DFGeneer liked my submissions from earlier this month. I will send you a timeframe on when to expect more information, especially that I have decided starting with LS400 is too much work to do at once and might have to choose an easier topic in the meantime.

I am looking forward to more! BTW: those sketches of the different renditions of the models are very cool. Especially the A10 sketches in 2007; they remind me of aspects of the LC, RC, and even hints of the new LS. (I'm expecting delivery of my LC on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, :)

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I am looking forward to more! BTW: those sketches of the different renditions of the models are very cool. Especially the A10 sketches in 2007; they remind me of aspects of the LC, RC, and even hints of the new LS. (I'm expecting delivery of my LC on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, :)

Congratulations Peter, on being possibly the first LC owner in the community. Especially in not just ordering a LC, but the trademark LC500 in famous red shade.

I have decided to focus on development of the SC and LC between 1986-2000 and 2010-2016, due to the overwhelming nature of compiling and submitting info of F-1 development on the 1990 LS 400. 1995, 2001, 2007, and 2013 LS stories will take a longtime to complete, in being very complex.

The effort it is requiring to piece-by-piece translate, rewrite, and study personnel accounts of development. Plus editing both text, visuals and illustrations with strict timelines of each stage to fit in this thread is extremely exhausting, that I had to enlist extra help.

Considering that the many generations of Lexus cars, not mention other Japanese luxury/premium cars (that includes Land Cruisers) and exotics I will post about, will have worn me out by the time I am finished with all of them. Translating is the biggest roadblock, as I have bought, subscribed to, and "sneaked-in-on" what Japan hides from the rest of the world.

I hope you will like the detailed account I will give on the 950A development of the LC, as I do admit I was doubting doing this due to me perceiving this thread quickly died off after my first post and trying gauge if it would become a wasted effort. Clearly won't be the case thankfully, so get ready everyone.

Thanks for the efforts and the very interesting and informative thread!

You're welcome, I do apologise over the endless delays. The amount of content involved I want to submit is overwhelming me, that now I understand a little bit the efforts krew goes to, in order to provide good content for articles for months and years to come.

I wanted to start with the LS 400 and other 3.5 generations, but that is too much work for me right now. I will try to work with Lexus coupes for now instead. I am traveling a lot for new business ventures in the U.S., that I rarely have a lot of "me time" to invest in doing this quickly enough.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Carmaker, you should write an "expose" book on Lexus development since the brand's start. I would buy it.

Thanks, I appreciate that mordecai I am flattered. The real problem I do have is, incomplete information on the first generation IS and GS. As well as that of the LX, GX, and ES (except Gen 3 & 4).

Sorry to say, but I will not cover the LFA, as that has been well chronicled since introduction and would take too long to complete. Currently working on SC and LC.

Reactions
Thanks, I appreciate that mordecai I am flattered. The real problem I do have is, incomplete information on the first generation IS and GS. As well as that of the LX, GX, and ES (except Gen 3 & 4).

Sorry to say, but I will not cover the LFA, as that has been well chronicled since introduction and would take too long to complete. Currently working on SC and LC.
looking forward to more updates on the design development! thank you for sharing !