Old time Lexus Owner

Reactions
Hey guys, I'm on my sixth Lexus, have 4 in the garage currently.
I've been a commercial pilot and aircraft mechanic for 30 years or so. I live in Wisconsin and go to simulator training once a year in Orlando. While there I search for private owner Lexus cars for sale to drive home for myself and family. The 10 year old with 160K units seem to be the best value. Most 10 year old cars in Wisconsin have begun to rust pretty badly because of the salt used on icy roads. The 2007 IS350 I got in August was pampered at the dealer and had every suggested and mandatory service done. It even got a new dash and all 4 door panels this spring. It had 162K on it and I paid $7900 with a full tank of gas.
I got as far as Murfreesboro before the alternator shorted and smoked. I limped in in the battery to an Orilys that happened to have one in stock and tools I could borrow. 2 hours and $200 later I was on my way without a hitch.
I do all my own work and have a bootleg version of Techstream on a old XP laptop used only for my cars. It is awesome for programming TPMS sensors and new smart keys.
Glad to have found this site and look forward to trading knowledge.
Lexpilot

RAL

Reactions
Welcome Lexpilot!

Thanks for taking the time to share your Lexus story.

My Dad was an aircraft mechanic for Pan Am. He passed on to me a love for airplanes.
Just had the pleasure of flying on the maiden flight of a brand new 787-10 Dreamliner.
A Lexus of an aircraft!

Great avatar! :scream:

Reactions
Welcome Lexpilot!

Thanks for taking the time to share your Lexus story.

My Dad was an aircraft mechanic for Pan Am. He passed on to me a love for airplanes.
Just had the pleasure of flying on the maiden flight of a brand new 787-10 Dreamliner.
A Lexus of an aircraft!

Great avatar! :scream:
Thanks RAL, I don't fly anything that big. I fly for the state government of WI in a King Air 350 for the Governor.