October Brand Daily Supply

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Stellantis... uhh... isn't having any trouble making vehicles. Being able to sell them seems to be another matter...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
And Toyota could have 33 days worth of inventory only because of the generic base trim gasoline models that nobody wants to buy. People would rather wait 2-6 months for the hybrids.

ES300h

Fan
Reactions
The local Dodge dealer here has a full lot plus their overflow lot nearby is also overflowing. I'm not sure what the deal is there.

The local Toyota dealer has less than 6 new vehicles on the lot.

I bet Tesla would be high up on that list too. They seem to have loooots of inventory and mega sales right now (6 months free supercharging) if you buy before Dec 31.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Abso-freakin'-lutely.

Pretty insane this nonsense is still going on, perhaps the gouging is here to stay. I bought a Mercedes Sprinter during the summer of 2020, got a really good deal, around 35k. I wanted to buy another one in 2022, the same exact model, they were asking for 80k. I laughed at them and said no thanks.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
How are the lease rates nowadays? I imagine they are still inflated?

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
With so many chumps lining up, still willing to pay over MSRP for these cars it almost seems like this nonsense is becoming the norm lol. Feels like the events in these recent years have really made a lot of people lose any semblance of logic and become even more stupid than they used to be.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
With so many chumps lining up, still willing to pay over MSRP for these cars it almost seems like this nonsense is becoming the norm lol. Feels like the events in these recent years have really made a lot of people lose any semblance of logic and become even more stupid than they used to be.
The problem is now I cannot hold any longer before buying. I have to give in. Prices won’t go down, only higher. What might make change is if people stop leasing and buy and hold 10 years.

Och

Admirer
Reactions

Sometimes you just need a new car and don't have much choice. Whatever has been going on with the price during the last few years has been the norm in many parts of the world ever since the automotive industry existed. We've been spoiled here in the US, and unless there is a flood of Chinese cars coming in, I don't see it getting better any soon.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Sometimes you just need a new car and don't have much choice. Whatever has been going on with the price during the last few years has been the norm in many parts of the world ever since the automotive industry existed. We've been spoiled here in the US, and unless there is a flood of Chinese cars coming in, I don't see it getting better any soon.
I have to buy a panel van. It drives me crazy to see prices go up 60% in two years, for models on sale 10 years being far beyond their ROI date.

Worst offender being Fiat Ducati, 18 years of production.

Last edited:

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I have to buy a panel van. It drives me crazy to see prices go up 60% in two years, for models on sale 10 years being far beyond their ROI date.

Worst offender being Fiat Ducati, 18 years of production.

I assume you are in Europe? Then you know what I mean when I say we've been spoiled in the US - before the pandemic it was entirely possible to lease a very decent car for $150 a month with no money down, and an entry level luxury car for $300ish. Such deals never existed anywhere else, and they are probably never coming back in the US.

Speaking of panel vans, I bought a brand new MB Sprinter during the summer of 2020, right in the middle of the bs pandemic. I got a sweet deal on it, IIRC 35k out of the door. I sold my old Sprinter for $17k - a bit low, but I was afraid with the pandemic the prices would drop even more. Either way, the guy who bought my old Sprinter later resold it for 30k. And about a year ago I wanted to get another Sprinter, the same dealer was asking for 80k, I politely declined.