No custom Order. How does allocation work?

Reactions
So if Lexus is STILL not accepting custom orders, how does allocation work to get the car you really want (Example: iridium, red circuit nuluxe and matte black bbs wheels on 2024 Lexus is)?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
So if Lexus is STILL not accepting custom orders, how does allocation work to get the car you really want (Example: iridium, red circuit nuluxe and matte black bbs wheels on 2024 Lexus is)?

You'll need to work with a dealer, tell them exactly what you want, and they'll have to look for that combination in allocations or try to reach out to the regional contact in distribution to see if they can get that specific car allocated to their store.

Reactions
You'll need to work with a dealer, tell them exactly what you want, and they'll have to look for that combination in allocations or try to reach out to the regional contact in distribution to see if they can get that specific car allocated to their store.
I hate Toyota and Lexus for being this way. They're not like that in Japan... :(

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
And after the allocations are set they'll have to trade with a dealer that has or is getting the spec you wanted. For my current LS, my sales guy (who is awesome) put in several days of work to locate one of the right spec that was en route from Japan to California and negotiate with that dealer to get it shipped here. I believe the Cali dealer got like 2 or 3 RXes that they were probably happier to have.

Reactions
And after the allocations are set they'll have to trade with a dealer that has or is getting the spec you wanted. For my current LS, my sales guy (who is awesome) put in several days of work to locate one of the right spec that was en route from Japan to California and negotiate with that dealer to get it shipped here. I believe the Cali dealer got like 2 or 3 RXes that they were probably happier to have.
This is what I was hoping for. I’m in west NC area and several dealers in GA have the exact spec I’m looking for. I’m just not willing to drive down there and take a trip with a brand new car and risk anything. I pointed one out to the my sales guy but he changed the conversation.

The funny thing is the exact spec they have in GA have been sitting on the lots for at least a month now, 2024 and 2023! The 2023 ones are still full MSRP!

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
You might consider just purchasing from a dealer who has what you want?

I bought my IS 500 from Florida and having it transported here was only $600.

Reactions
I hate Toyota and Lexus for being this way. They're not like that in Japan... :(
I love the ordering system there, every car is bespoke...not to mention all the accessories you can equip it with
You might consider just purchasing from a dealer who has what you want?

I bought my IS 500 from Florida and having it transported here was only $600.
Did you get yours from JM? After your debacle with Nalley...wouldn't be surprised you didn't want to mess with another Atlanta dealer.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I love the ordering system there, every car is bespoke...not to mention all the accessories you can equip it with

Did you get yours from JM? After your debacle with Nalley...wouldn't be surprised you didn't want to mess with another Atlanta dealer.

Pembroke Pines! They had 12 on the lot and were willing to make deals 😃

nt01

Fan
Reactions
Have you tried inventory search tool on lexus.com? I used it to track down the exact IS500 ( iridium, red circuit nuluxe and bbs wheels ) last October and worked my preferred dealer to secure the car. Also don’t be afraid to ask for discount, 4.5k off msrp with little effort.