New Ford, Lincoln vehicles found stuffed with marijuana

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Perhaps not surprising.....drug-trafficers will try almost anything to ply their evil trade.

And, to think, I almost bought a new Lincoln MKZ, couple of months ago......right around the time they think that these cars started getting stuffed, though they are not sure about the exact dates. The MKZ was in my Top Five List (along with the ES350, Cadenza, G80, and Impala) when I decided on the Lacrosse. (still waiting for my 2018 Lacrosse, BTW....it should be built tomorrow, July 31, and delivered in a few weeks, if all goes on schedule)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/surprise-more-ford-lincoln-cars-213000146.html

Surprise! More Ford and Lincoln cars found with marijuana

Reese Counts
AutoblogJuly 27, 2017
8c09229e4a2904156bf6804fe5f27fb4

View photos

Ford is starting to have a serious problem on its hands. Today, ABC 7 in Detroit reportedthat another batch of Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ cars were found packed with 227 pounds of marijuana. This is a little over a week after Fords in Ohio were found stuffed with marijuana and only about two months after Fords in Minnesota were found full of weed. All of the cars traveled on train from Mexico to their destination. All in, several thousand pounds and several million dollars worth of marijuana has been discovered.

According to the report, Immigration and Customs Enforcement found the cars at the Ford Rail Distribution Facility in Woodhaven, Michigan, just south of Ford's world headquarters in Dearborn. ICE became involved after a Ford employee reported the cars to Woodhaven police.

It's unclear when and where the cars were packed with marijuana. With the cars in Minnesota, it's believed that the weed was added after leaving the factory but before being loaded on the train. Spare tires were removed and the space was used to smuggle the marijuana.

Related Video:

0f0e9b0d0a4cfb7445ee0d35d418a382

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
I wonder if this had anything to do with Toyota moving Corolla production away from Mexico?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I wonder if this had anything to do with Toyota moving Corolla production away from Mexico?

More likely, Trump's push to get that 35% tariff on new cars that are sold in the U.S., but not built there....although it is unclear if that tariff will include foreign brand-nameplates like Toyota or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CIF