New Flagship LX Coming?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The flagship Bracken is referencing is the new LC coupe, I'm quite sure.

To your point though, we should have a truly all-new LX in the next few years. It might just be because the LS is at the end of it's life cycle, but to me, the LX is really Lexus' true flagship vehicle right now.

For one, it starts about $10k more than the LS in base price but most LXs I've seen are priced around $90k. Rumor is that the 2016 model will be priced closer to $90k than the $84k we have now (base price).

In addition, while the LS is a great vehicle in it's own right, LXs are commonplace in the most uppercrust parts of society - often parked next to Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, AMG Benzs and others.

The current LS is outclassed and outdone by the current S Class, 7 Series and A8 in about every way. The LX, on the other hand, can look to rivals like Range Rover as peers. Different strokes for different folks, but the LX is no less vehicle than the RR or a G Class. LS isn't playing at that level right now.

Reactions: CIF

LexusTechSA

Founding Member
Reactions
I agree with you that the Flagship is going to be the LC. I just thought that this was a interesting take on it.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
The flagship Bracken is referencing is the new LC coupe, I'm quite sure.

To your point though, we should have a truly all-new LX in the next few years. It might just be because the LS is at the end of it's life cycle, but to me, the LX is really Lexus' true flagship vehicle right now.

For one, it starts about $10k more than the LS in base price but most LXs I've seen are priced around $90k. Rumor is that the 2016 model will be priced closer to $90k than the $84k we have now (base price).

In addition, while the LS is a great vehicle in it's own right, LXs are commonplace in the most uppercrust parts of society - often parked next to Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, Rolls Royce, AMG Benzs and others.

The current LS is outclassed and outdone by the current S Class, 7 Series and A8 in about every way. The LX, on the other hand, can look to rivals like Range Rover as peers. Different strokes for different folks, but the LX is no less vehicle than the RR or a G Class. LS isn't playing at that level right now.

The new (gimmicky) 7 Series, and the super bland A8 are arguable, but the S Class no question.