Need help decoding door sill sticker on 2002 Sportcross

Reactions
Yes, I've tried Googling all this first!

I think I understand the "A/TM" part (no LSD... : ^ ( , but I am not sure what else this sticker is telling me. Especially the BA4964597 and the "No. 174" parts.

Attachments

• Lexus Door Jamb sticker 01.JPG
    Lexus Door Jamb sticker 01.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 7

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Have you tried searching the VIN (Vehicle Information Number), the 17-character alphanumeric identification that is unique to each vehicle ever produced?

Google "VIN decoder" and enter the VIN (JTHED192320042071). Try a few different decoders as they may give you slightly different information. It should tell you just about everything you want to know about this vehicle.

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
Advice appreciated, but I searched up the VIN long before I even looked at the car to potentially buy it. As I originally posted, I've figured out enough from the label to know it lacks a lim-slip-differential and some other details, but I'm really interested to know if I have chassis #174 and any other details I may have missed.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Yes, the 174 is probably the 174th vehicle of that series off the production line.....there weren't a lot of U.S.-spec Sport-Crosses built or sold., as it was not a popular vehicle.

The BA-number, I can't help you with.....that's a tough one.

This site will give you the decoding on EVERY digit of your regular VIN, starting with the "J", which means manufactured in a Japanese plant.

Reactions
Much appreciated... Do you figure I have the 174th Sportcross ever in America? The last digits of the VIN do not correlate with "No. 174" at all...

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The 174th chassis isn't necessarily the 174th Sportcross in the US. We don't know enough about modern TMC production to even guess at that, let alone 2002-era.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Yours definitely does not have the factory Torsen LSD option.

• Leather/Ecsaine-Trim Interior with Piping
  • 8-way Power Adjustable Driver and Passenger Seats
  • Home Link System
  • Power-Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Sunshade and Pinch Protection
  • Cargo-Mat
  • Wheel-Locks

Reactions
Yes, I've tried Googling all this first!

I think I understand the "A/TM" part (no LSD... : ^ ( , but I am not sure what else this sticker is telling me. Especially the BA4964597 and the "No. 174" parts.
I am sure that you can just use this site https://vinsonar.com/vin-decoder/lexus, it is a free Lexus VIN decoder. To get the information you need, you only need your VIN number, according to which this site will show you almost all the information about your car.