Need a new IS please ?

Reactions
My GM said IS will be redesigned for 2019 model, cant wait to see what they will do after seeing the ES change. 2018 seems to have upgrades they didn’t really mention. Heard it has new turbo so less lag also. Going to check and see if I can upgrade my 17 turbos to the 18 tomorrow if it isn’t too much.

IS350 reallybisnt close to the BMW 340 and they are rumored to be bringing an M340 next year with 3 Series redesign with 385 hp. I’m hoping Lexus will bring the 10 speed transmission and turbo 6 to IS350 with around same hp and upgrade IS300 motor more also.

Looking forward to seeing the ES F Sport in person also. I’m a lot happier to see it as a replacement to GS but still wish GS was kept and put the LS motor and transmission in that with some upgrades.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
My GM said IS will be redesigned for 2019 model, cant wait to see what they will do after seeing the ES change. 2018 seems to have upgrades they didn’t really mention. Heard it has new turbo so less lag also. Going to check and see if I can upgrade my 17 turbos to the 18 tomorrow if it isn’t too much.

2019 model year? That's literally this year, or early next year. Is that right?

IS350 reallybisnt close to the BMW 340 and they are rumored to be bringing an M340 next year with 3 Series redesign with 385 hp. I’m hoping Lexus will bring the 10 speed transmission and turbo 6 to IS350 with around same hp and upgrade IS300 motor more also.

Man...the B58 in the 340i is such a beast, but all the things they did to it just don't make me want to own it beyond the warranty. Something built and tuned to the very edge can't last long term without consequences.

I'm hoping for the 10 speed as well, I've been reading that it's a FR transmission (front engine, rear drive) meant for luxury applications. Do you know why the current IS350 uses the 6 speed for the AWD model instead of the 8 speed from the IS-F?

Reactions
2019 model year? That's literally this year, or early next year. Is that right?

Man...the B58 in the 340i is such a beast, but all the things they did to it just don't make me want to own it beyond the warranty. Something built and tuned to the very edge can't last long term without consequences.

I'm hoping for the 10 speed as well, I've been reading that it's a FR transmission (front engine, rear drive) meant for luxury applications. Do you know why the current IS350 uses the 6 speed for the AWD model instead of the 8 speed from the IS-F?

It should be a 2020 model released in 2019 from my understanding. the IS350 AWD has the 6 speed because of the AWD, for some reason Lexus has done that on the IS350 AWD and GS350 AWD that share the same motor. BMW in any model I would lease and give back before warranty expires always unless it is a 2nd car that you drive on weekends and don't put many miles on. But the B58 is an amazing motor, they had problems the first year with bearings in the motor that was recalled but seem to have worked it out now.

Really hoping Lexus comes out swinging in the performance area with newer models especially the IS since it hasn't had much attention since 2017, although it seems they quietly upgraded the turbos in the 2018 models with less turbo lag.