My 2025 Toyota Camry XSE AWD Preview and Review

mikeavelli

Reactions
2025 Toyota Camry XSE AWD Preview Review
Provided by Toyota PR USA
If you haven’t read the reviews yet, they are all glowing for the new Camry except a couple youtubers who were born in the backseat of a civic. I didn’t think it could be that good but holy crap it is. I’ve put about 600 miles on it with the fam and by myself in 3 days and it is simply an exceptional family sedan. Rated at nearly 50 MPG with 232 peak hp now coupled with an available AWD (FWD is standard). When the car was dropped off I saw 485 miles to the tank and I’m sure that was with aggressive driving. I filled up on premium and it was about $37. Based on my driving history I might need to fill up once a month. So about $500 in gas a year. Amazing.

The steering is precise with a great sized steering wheel and the handling is engaging and playful when you push it. It is not overpowering it is near perfectly balanced for a family sedan. The car doesn’t feel front heavy like past models which is amazing as this isn’t an all new platform. I assume some stickier tires would make things more capable. Acceleration is fine nothing mind blowing and enough for most. Space is ample though headroom could be better. The seats are good but more adjustments would be nice. The digital gauges and new 12.3 inch screen are easy to see and our touch sensitive. Plenty of USB-C ports and a USB-A for older devices. Parking is easy with the around view camera. LED lighting inside and out. Large trunk as well. The Heads Up Display is a great option and the optional JBL sound system is solid once you adjust the stock settings.

In the 3 days I’ve had the car everyone has loved it. Most shocked this is a Camry. The new looks to me are a hit with the more familiar new Toyota face and updated rear (mind you I also find the last generation beautiful). This model is around 42k with the beautiful optional $1500 wheels. What’s wild is a base LE starts at under 30k. A steal.

After 3 days it is crystal clear why the Camry is the segment leader. Last year it sold around 90,000 units more than the Accord. That lead likely extends with this new model. This isn’t to say anything left in this segment is bad. All the midsize sedans left are solid. It’s just to say the new Camry is that good.

-m-

IMG_2543.jpegIMG_2601.jpeg

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
What is the fit-and-finish and perceived quality of the interior materials like? I hope that it has been improved from the 2018-2024 generation. I find the quality of the interior materials -- dashboard, door panels -- of my 2022 Camry to be terrible.

mikeavelli

Reactions
What is the fit-and-finish and perceived quality of the interior materials like? I hope that it has been improved from the 2018-2024 generation. I find the quality of the interior materials -- dashboard, door panels -- of my 2022 Camry to be terrible.

I have a side by side review coming with a 2022 XSE.. I much prefer the new doors and dash and interior. I found the 2022 to be old school Toyota with familiar parts. The 2025 feels more substantial

IMG_2603.jpegIMG_2602.jpeg

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
New Camry looks great! I'm glad Toyota's settled into a distinct front end that isn't "the Lexus spindle but different" like they were trending towards for a few years.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I love those wheels. I need to figure out the offset and dimensions so I can determine if they will fit on my wife's UX. I tried my GR Corolla wheels on the UX and they poke waaaaaay to much. haha

mikeavelli

Reactions
I love those wheels. I need to figure out the offset and dimensions so I can determine if they will fit on my wife's UX. I tried my GR Corolla wheels on the UX and they poke waaaaaay to much. haha

Let me look for a post on FB where someone had the part number and I think it was $320 a wheel