May 2015 Sales Thread

Lexus Cohen

Follower
Reactions
Clearly the 4 series is the segment sales leader but look at the RC squeezing by the established Audi A5/S5! Good news to see it selling well for Lexus and its great ammunition for them to produce more coupes!
Interesting to me that the RDX continues to sell so well. I wonder what the catch is for buyers? Big standard V6?

Honda loyalty....and the new MMC 2016 arrived so they were blowing out the 2015 model which has all the technology of a 2004 RX. It's popular for its core of owners, it's not really a great vehicle.
The long awaited LC, new LS and LX should seal the deal.

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Were these vehicles that you (or your family) purchased or leased yourself, or was it, like I often do, helping others shop for, and get their own new vehicles?

Mine. Did a 3 month pull ahead on a 2013 ES350 first towards a 2015 ES350.
Then traded in a 2014 IS250 for a 2015 IS250 F Sport.
Needless to say my VIP Sales Manager was happy to see me twice in two weeks.
I almost never keep a car to term. With such a high residual value, Lexus makes it super easy to in and trade up without paying any penalties. They usually buy my lease return and sell them as Lexus CPO.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Mine. Did a 3 month pull ahead on a 2013 ES350 first towards a 2015 ES350.
Then traded in a 2014 IS250 for a 2015 IS250 F Sport.
Needless to say my VIP Sales Manager was happy to see me twice in two weeks.
I almost never keep a car to term. With such a high residual value, Lexus makes it super easy to in and trade up without paying any penalties. They usually buy my lease return and sell them as Lexus CPO.

Congratulations on your purchases. :) Hope you enjoy them. I'm going to be out very soon looking for something for my brother....tell you guys more bout that later. ;)

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Really excellent Lexus numbers! Great to see the GS finally being a consistent rock-solid seller. This has been overdue for the GS, and the GS definitely deserves it :).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Thanks everyone for posting, makes it all worthwhile!

Agreed, thanks for bringing these sales stats here each month. I'm a numbers guy and greatly appreciate this data. Plus it saves me the trouble of going to the other dreaded site to see the monthly stats, lol.

I lol'd here and owe you a drink hopefully in the future :D

Really excellent Lexus numbers! Great to see the GS finally being a consistent rock-solid seller. This has been overdue for the GS, and the GS definitely deserves it :).

Indeed great to see the GS selling solid and with the 200t coming, that should help sales with an entry level model. Amazing to think the GS smallest engine is a 3.5 V-6 making 306hp.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Thanks everyone for posting, makes it all worthwhile!

You are most certainly welcome, and thanks for compiling the data :).

Indeed great to see the GS selling solid and with the 200t coming, that should help sales with an entry level model. Amazing to think the GS smallest engine is a 3.5 V-6 making 306hp.

Both the GS200t and GS F should definitely help :).

All the more impressive the GS has been so consistent this generation, given that so far it's been essentially with one engine offering (the hybrid is very hard to find and get in North America). Meanwhile the German competitors in the midsize class all have like a million engine variants :p.