Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
ah, i did not see the 2nd gen part :).

I assume it will be dedicated platform similar to UX vehicle but called something else?
TBH, I haven't been digging the latest Lexus exterior and interior designs.

Best looking front would be the IS. Best looking interior would be on the UX, in terms of simplicity and symmetry. Saw a NX hybrid yesterday and the rear looks good for a CUV.

I don't know why people complain about the Model 3 looking like a soap bar. I think the exterior looks is pretty good. Almost Porsche-like except that flattened portion where grills usually reside. Rear is good but the C pillars look like jester's hat from behind.

The interior though haha. Not going to bother explaining.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I envy Taiwan for having the IS300h and other Japanese car models but not for the car prices in that country haha. My FIL bought an X5 there and it was like $100,000 Canadian dollars.

I would love a 2UX BEV come to Canada. My wife likes the higher seating height on CUVs. She probably doesn't care about the cargo space most time and seating three adults and one tweener isn't going to be an issue, budget is haha.

I know it's soulless to many but at least it's more pocketbook-friendly haha.

A moderately equipped W223 S450L in Taiwan is equivalent to $215000 USD in price. You can probably get a loaded S580 Maybach or entry Astons / Bentleys with that amount of money. Srsly we are jealous of Americans only having to pay half the amount of what we have to pay for cars lol.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
A moderately equipped W223 S450L in Taiwan is equivalent to $215000 USD in price. You can probably get a loaded S580 Maybach or entry Astons / Bentleys with that amount of money. Srsly we are jealous of Americans only having to pay half the amount of what we have to pay for cars lol.
Oh, I didn't know you were from Taiwan. My in-laws are Taiwanese. Love the country. May even retire there.

I think based on foreign exchange, Canada is also pretty inexpensive when it comes to cars. Cars also expensive in Australia and NZ.

When we first immigrated to Vancouver, BC, my dad couldn't believe how cheap the cars here were.

People from HK, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, etc. were buying German and other luxury cars as they settled in Vancouver.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The is how luxury compact cars should be made, same quality as the big ones. But Germans found out they could sell plastic, as long as it has the right badge. Can't hate on them after all, rather on the ignorant consumers.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The is how luxury compact cars should be made, same quality as the big ones. But Germans found out they could sell plastic, as long as it has the right badge. Can't hate on them after all, rather on the ignorant consumers.
I don't mind hard plastics as long as the savings get put to good use -- more features or more performance.

Heck Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus is only a $1,700 Canadian dollar option.

Will1991

Reactions
Something is fishy around the UX300e... Lexus intentionally avoid talking about it in the Newsroom when they announced the MY2023 UX:

Now, Lexus UK shows this:

Captura-de-ecr-2022-07-13-s-00-08-54.png

Here: https://www.lexus.co.uk/new-cars/ux-300e

Maybe some much needed technical update?

With the new bz4X and RZ450e this current 300e powertrain makes no sense as it's completely outdated.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I assume the 1st gen UX is scheduled to end MY24, for a MY25 next gen "grainy shadows" pic

Will1991

Reactions
Some say, this is the next gen CHR:

capture-20220914104746942.png

capture-20220914104838269.png

With a supposed launch date by 2023, it does makes some sense to keep the UX with the older 4th gen Hybrid system since the "base platform" will go out of production.
And Lexus is yet to show the 2023 UX300e, maybe the UX doesn't have enough volume the keep the drivetrain in production?

And this made think about the 2UX...

It's known that this 2-gen CHR is going to debut the new E3 platform, what will happen with the 2UX?
Will it use the much more spacious Corolla Cross platform to avoid having a similar interior space to the rumored BX?
Will it go full BEV with the eTNGA?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Had a family member who was going to jump into the Lexus brand with a UX, and pardon my shock when she said they had double digit inventory on the ground currently....Didnt know they were moving that fast.

That being said the next gen UX and it little brother are in the grainy pictures, Lexus already revealed them no need to guess.

The next gen UX is a bit upright in the back but mostly evolutionary, while the CT replacement beneath the UX just looks like a straight up hatchback labeled as a CUV.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The UX300e uses same battery as all the Primes and h+. It makes sense to cancel it to free up a lot of capacity for PHVs, and move UXe to the ETNGA battery cells.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The UX300e uses same battery as all the Primes and h+. It makes sense to cancel it to free up a lot of capacity for PHVs, and move UXe to the ETNGA battery cells.

it is also a bad product, i dont think they want people to use it, really.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
This is such an amazing improvement, finally!

Don’t see any reason to keep ChaDemo for Europe, but it’s a move on the right direction!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Finally something that's actually competitive in 2020. Further shows how dumb the RZ450e battery pack is. The 72.8kWh pack could fit in a 2640mm wheelbase chassis. There is clearly enough space in the eTNGA chassis for 80+ kWh and they decided to not do it.

Last edited: