Lexus UX (UX 200, UX 250h, 300e) Megathread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Finally something that's actually competitive in 2020. Further shows how dumb the RZ450e battery pack is. The 72.8kWh pack could fit in a 2640mm wheelbase chassis. There is clearly enough space in the eTNGA chassis for 80+ kWh and they decided to not do it.

Very typical Japanese.

Ends up not having anything to do with weight and driveabilty but rather cost as they are making them all the same.

But good for UX.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
And yeah, chademo sux, mostly because all brand new fast chargers support only ccs in europe.

It is not terrible now, but few years from now it will be a bad choice.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Yay, this could be our household's second BEV if it comes to Canada. UX is after all the cheapest Lexus vehicle here haha, cheaper than the ES if looking at hybrid pricing.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Power rear door with kick sensor now available across all models
  • Diverse lineup continues to offer F SPORT Design and Handling models
  • Standard Lexus Interface and Lexus Safety System+ 2.5

MrT

Reactions
At this price point, UX should have pruis' PHEV powertrain as std or pruis' HEV as entry level at least.

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Here is my '23 UX250h F Sport that I got about three weeks ago. Iridium with Obsidian roof.

x3YbOaDE_o.jpg

3Pj9X65Q_o.jpg

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions

• Power rear door with kick sensor now available across all models
  • Diverse lineup continues to offer F SPORT Design and Handling models
  • Standard Lexus Interface and Lexus Safety System+ 2.5

One other thing they did once hybrid was made standard is to remove all hybrid badging from the car other than the UX250h name plate on the rear. If you look at the pictures of my car the hybrid badges have been removed from the lower part of the rear passenger doors and the grill emblem is gray instead of blue. Also the rear hatch Lexus emblem is also gray and the key fob no longer has a blue logo on it. I do kind of miss the blue badging.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
If the first batch of UX came out as 2018 model, shouldn't 2025 usher in the sll-new UX?

2024 MY would be the seventh production year. How time flew by.
Maybe we'll see a 2UX and 8ES in 2025? I look forward...lots of new vehicles coming from Lexus these days with the 3GX, TX, LBX in Europe and LM in Asia/Europe.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
The TNGA and e-TNGA platforms are paying dividends for Toyota it seems.

My wife will eventually want another CUV after I sold our 16 RAVH last August haha. It drove the worst of our vehicles and had the most resale value.

In the Lexus line up, I think she will be fine with the 2UX. She really doesn't need anything bigger. Over on Toyota, I think the Crown Sport Type will be a nice ride. I know the 2UX will be much smaller than the Crown Sport Type but in Canada, over at Toyota, there's only the hybrid RAV4 and Venza to consider but the interior of the Crown looks a lot better and the exterior is very sporty.

Still wondering what Lexus strategy is since it reaffirmed the entire line up will be BEVs by 2030.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Range extended by more than 40% to 450 km (280 miles)
  • Steering and suspension fine-tuned, enhancing ‘Lexus Electrified’ driving experience
  • New multimedia system with greater functionality and bigger screen
  • More capabilities added to the Lexus Safety System +

Motor

Expert
Reactions

At first glance, then, you could consider the UX 300e to be just a mild update over the last car. But a short time with it has proven that a larger battery, revised suspension and new infotainment system makes an already good small electric SUV one of the best players on the field, because it fulfils the role customers expect, to an exemplary level.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
Any new rumors about the UX 300h trademark? The Prius has the new 5th gen powertrain, leaving the UX with the older system for MY24. My wife sat in a Prius this weekend and didn't care for the raked windshield and small rear glass in the tailgate. Maybe the UX 300h is around the corner...

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Any new rumors about the UX 300h trademark? The Prius has the new 5th gen powertrain, leaving the UX with the older system for MY24. My wife sat in a Prius this weekend and didn't care for the raked windshield and small rear glass in the tailgate. Maybe the UX 300h is around the corner...

I thought we might get the new powertrain in '25 when the UX is scheduled for a refresh. Generally when Lexus has an earlier than normal model introduction like they did with the '24 UX it means that a refresh is right around the corner. I think the '21 NX came out earlier than normal which was ahead of the '22 all new NX.

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
I thought we might get the new powertrain in '25 when the UX is scheduled for a refresh. Generally when Lexus has an earlier than normal model introduction like they did with the '24 UX it means that a refresh is right around the corner. I think the '21 NX came out earlier than normal which was ahead of the '22 all new NX.
Part of me thinks that it should be due for a redesign or at the very least a heavy refresh since MY24 is the 6th model year, but the UX 300e getting a big update 12 months ago.